Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

· Registered
963 Posts
Oh, OK, cool. Thanks Uncle Joe

· Registered
963 Posts
I just bought 10 boxes of emergency candles from the dollar store, and bought a "bug out bag" from Cheeper Than Dirt, I will use this bag for a home made first aid kit.

· Registered
963 Posts
I picked up a few more things for my first aid kit. Some "tums", Cutter Advanced Insect Repellent, Bayer Aspirin. Friday I pick up my new welder, and am stopping by the military surplus store to see what other goodies I can get!!!

· Registered
963 Posts
Picked up my Lincoln Pro Mig 140 welder, a auto darkening helmet and some magnetic welding squares. At the military surplus store I picked up a .50 cal. ammo can and a .30 cal. ammo can and another 2 qt. canteen with carrier and shoulder strap. Then we bagged up 16qts of blue berries and stuck'em in the freezer.

· Registered
963 Posts
I picked up the 2X3 steel tubing for my bug-out pick-up box trailer project today. Hopefully I'll get it welded in this weekend. Oh yeah, we picked some black berries and put'em in the freezer.

· Registered
963 Posts
I made three more loaves of zucchini bread and two loaves of banana bread to freeze. Bought a case of olives, not a great survival food but I really really like them, and they keep three years plus. And at .88 cents a can, thats a good deal around here.

· Registered
963 Posts
Nice, that's what I need instead of the '74 Yamaha 400 two stroke!!!

· Registered
963 Posts
We got 20 pints of corn blanched and off the cob and into vacuum packed bags in the freezer last weekend. Payed off the wifes car, it's like giving myself a raise!!

· Registered
963 Posts
I picked up another 500 rounds of .22 LR and some more Mountain House Beef Stroganoff with Noodles (very good). My daughter and I have been taste testing the Mountain House products to see what we like. So far the Beef Stroganoff, Mac & Cheese and Chili-Mac are our favorites. The scrambled eggs and bacon are fair but the ice cream....we'll just say I didn't care for that!!!

· Registered
963 Posts
Picked up another 525 rounds of .22LR and three more packages of Mountain House food. My daughter likes the Beef Stew so much that she talked me into having it for lunch yesterday, but at least I know she really likes it and that's a good thing. Also went to the dollar store and picked up some more elbow macaroni, pennini rigati, egg noodles and a few note pads. The note pads are great for making lists of preps or keeping my daughter busy drawing!!!

· Registered
963 Posts
I picked up two more Butler Creek 25 round clips for my 10/22. They were on sale for 9.97 each, that's a really good buy. My daughter and I also sampled another Mountain house meal. It was very good, she even came back for seconds. Will add it to my supplies.

· Registered
963 Posts
Picked up another 5 gal. gas can. Will get it filled and added to my gas rotations. Took an inventory of the items I've been stuffing in the storage compartment of my gun cabinet, amazing what I can get in there...

· Registered
963 Posts
Bought another 500 rounds .22 LR, a few more mountain house meals, a container of salt and 2 one pound propane bottles

· Registered
963 Posts
I picked up another 1000 rounds .22 LR and two more gas cans. Some more Mountain House meals and ordered the new tail lights for my bug out trailer.:2thumb:

· Registered
963 Posts
What kind of Mountain House Meals do you get? I have around 20 cases of MRE, dehy food storage, and am looking at other alternatives as well.
My daughter and I have been trying the different meals to see what we like. I like most of the ones I have tried, she likes the Beef Stew and Spaghetti with meat sauce. I plan on stocking up on the Beef Stroganoff, Chili Mac, Beef Stew, Spaghetti with meat sauce and the Lasagna with meat sauce and maybe a few others. Still have a few to try.

· Registered
963 Posts
I picked up a 7 gal. propane tank yesterday. Didn't realize how expensive they are, the other two I have came with the camp trailer. Payed 80 dollars for the tank, have it purged and filled.

· Registered
963 Posts
Hi AJ , what kind of a propane tank was that? I just looked at new gas grill tanks and they were like $30 or so... think they are 20 gal?... I know propane is going to go out of sight soon.. my new cabin will have a propane heater but I'm now going to also put in a wood heater that I can cook on too.. decided no matter how bad it is outside I can cut some easy tree limb wood with a one man log saw.. the smaller one..

Also it costs me 46 bucks to fill 2 40's and I usually fill the grill tank if it needs it or not... propane for small bottles is way more pricey then a big tank at home.
HozayBuck, The tank is a 7 gal. tank, some call it a 40 pound tank. The price of the tank runs about 50 dollars at any of the local places. Most of the local out lets charge around 15 dollars to purge a new tank then the cost of filling it. The price of propane is $2.35 at the moment soon to go up. My area is a little high priced for propane and gasoline (gas is $3.14 as of to day). Just so ya know, the tank is the same diameter as a back yard BBQ but stands 24 inches tall. Same size as whats on the front of most camp trailers.
Sounds like you got a good set up in the works with your cabin, good luck with it!!!

· Registered
963 Posts
Hey HozayBuck, Not to get off topic but I see your sometimes from down in Tyler TX. I have a couple kids down that way, in Grand Saline (oh and an ex-wife...lol). Most things are a little cheaper down there as opposed to central Oregon.

· Registered
963 Posts
I picked up 500 more rounds of .22 LR. Another Mountain House meal to try. Also filled up another spare tank of propane (7 gallons).
carolexan, sorry to hear about your loss, thank god everyone's OK

1 - 20 of 47 Posts