Pray for our country.

Discussion in 'Religion' started by Clarice, May 2, 2011.

1. Clarice

Clarice Well-Known Member

This country is in a mess. I am calling on every one to get down on your knees and pray for our country only God can turn things around and I believe he will if we pray sincerely.

2. lilmissy0740

lilmissy0740 Well-Known Member

I agree we all need to pray.

3. Asatrur

Asatrur Well-Known Member

Even though we do not have the Gods, I agree we need to ask our Gods for the support to turn this country around!

4. DJgang

DJgang I put SAs on IGNORE!

All gods, any god, one god...we will take them all won't we! ask 'em!!! Please please!

I am praying!

5. JayJay

JayJay Well-Known Member

In my little Kentucky county, you'd see signs everywhere in yards, on sides of fields, sides of roads...II Chronicles 7:14....If my people pray...

I'm quite proud of that...and our radio stations actually speak Jesus' name during Christmas and Easter...Amen!!

Kinda gives a chill up the spine...:congrat: Most of us haven't stopped praying for this nation since the fake election 2008.

6. Clarice

Clarice Well-Known Member

Thank you JayJay, that gives my heart a boost.

7. DJgang

DJgang I put SAs on IGNORE!

I am Catholic ... And I know a lot of folks first do not agree with our faith, second think we are kooks for believing in visions, etc ...

But for years, Mary, the mother of our Lord, has been telling us the we can change the world through prayer. She has stated that there will be warnings that hopefully will lead people to conversion...

Pray Pray Pray. Just like JayJay mentioned, it is in the Bible....If my people pray...

8. GroovyMike

GroovyMike Well-Known Member

Today (1st Thursday in May) is the annual National Day of Prayer.

9. BillS

BillS Well-Known Member

America is a mess because the people are evil. The longer God waits to punish America for it's sins the worse it will be.

I also think that the Great Tribulation is only a couple of years away. Maybe less. Last year I used to think that if the Rapture happened it would create a collapse that would lead to a world government. Now with the government monetizing the debt and the current economic conditions I believe that the world economy is headed for a massive collapse that will lead to a one-world government.

10. Meerkat

Meerkat Seeking The Truth

For 30 years i have been gettign a magazine and its about as close as any of the others,I'm not a member but do send in small payment to help with publications.Today one came in the mail but I haven'nt read it yet [Bi monthly]With a artcle about world empires and the founding religian of America.Also have a website with interesting reading and the article..The magazine is free and they never send request for donations or sell anything.But I do feel I should pay them someting for the 6 mag.s a year.

Good News Magazine | United Church of God

I don't belong to any organized religian most are too worldly now.But learn a little here and a litle there.

11. Meerkat

LOL,the site almost bumped me offline!:scratch Guess they upgraded like many others.I have'nt visited the site in a couple years.

I hope this site does'nt upgrade or I'll be history here.Lost in cyber space without a clue.

12. TheAnt

TheAnt Aesops Ant (not Aunt)

People are evil throughout the world. God is not going to punish us for our sins, Jesus Christ paid for all the worlds sins. He only judges us on one sin and that is the sin of unbelief (the so-called "unforgivable sin"). God in fact has spared our nation for years because of the believers in this nation... as the believers fall away His hand, which restrains evil (evil that is common in this world because it is Satans world), is lifted and bad things will happen to us as a natural course of things in the devils world. God is not sitting in heaven waiting for us to screw up so He can slap us around or zap us with a bolt of lightning.

This is why we say that as goes the believer so goes the nation.

13. Meerkat

So true.:congrat:

Its confusing because satan has always been in control of this world.As evidenced in Job.God turned it over to satan.

I think we could be the fallen angels and this earth is the devils bootcamp.Some will make it and be forgiven for their sins others will go back to their ally the devil.This would explain a lot of things we don't understand.

The more I read the Old Testiment and some part of the New it seems more likely that is why the flesh is weak and incapable of being good.

Job,1;7-11 Gods Conversation with the Satan....God ask Satan,"from where do you come?"and Satan answers,"from going to and fro on the earth,and from walking back and forth on it."

17,God tells Satan do to Jobs famil what he wants but don't lay a hand on Job[of course later he also torments jobs person too].So Satan kills jobs kids and using the weather to blow up somebodys home.

We may have chose the side of Satan before we even fell to earth?:dunno:.Now we have to chose the side of God?Not statign a fact,just asking questions.

14. TheAnt

We are definitely not fallen angels. Angels are another creation of God which, as stated in another thread, were all males.

When Satan led 1/3 of the angels in a revolt against God and lost he was cast down to earth (not hell as many mistakenly believe -- Satan will not be cast into hell until after the end of time). The world is his domain and he is the Deceiver. He has been allowed by God to do certain things... notice how in Job he has to ask Gods permission to afflict Jobs family? This is because Jobs family were believers. Satan cannot touch a hair on the head of a believer unless God allows it. God only allows as much as the believer can handle (note that death is not the worst thing that can happen to you either).

We are not angels and the issue before man is this: do you accept the work which Christ did on the cross as a free gift to which you can add nothing? Simply, what do you think of Christ? This life is short in the light of eternity and the sufferings were are allowed to endure will pale in the light of eternity. Dont get stuck on your own suffering -- rather give thanks for the suffering Christ endured while paying for the sins of the world (both the sins of those of us who accept the gift and those who do not). God has made it so sin is no longer the issue to man. What we do with the gift of salvation is the issue! :2thumb:

15. Meerkat

Good points. Creating man in their likeness then creating women for the man would not exclude them being angels.Also who were the the men of renoun who saw the daughters of men and mated with them?Who were the giants?

I'm not convinced about this but it is interesting enough to look into.

Do you think angels are real? Was it Peter or Paul who said 'be careful how you entertain strangers,you could be entertaining angels unaware?

16. TheAnt

Technically only one man and one woman were ever created. That man being Adam and that woman being Eve (out of Adam). Angels were a creation before man was created but all angels were male in gender and do not reproduce among themselves as there are no female angels to reproduce with. Yes, fallen angels mated with the 'daughters of men' -- this cant be done any longer so far as I know (sorry ladies). The giants were the offspring of said matings. Angels are real because the Bible says they are -- yup you could actually be conversing with an angel right now... though my mother might tell you differently. :D

17. Asphalt

Asphalt New Member

God won't fix this country, only we will. God is not an American, but I am. I will help fix it.