Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
mamoo
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Turmeric is known to be one of the most powerful healing herbs. It is great for bones and joints as it has anti-inflammatory properties. It prevents metastases from occurring in many different forms of cancer.

Turmeric's also a natural liver detoxifier and a kidney cleanser, and it speeds metabolism and aids in weight management. Plus it heals and alleviates conditions of depression, psoriasis, damaged skin, arthritis and more.

For these reasons, turmeric is ubiquitous both in Ayurveda and Chinese Medicine.

Here's what you'll need to get started:
5-7 inches turmeric
5-7 tamarind
2 lemons
raw honey
water
blender
strainer
bowl
mason jar(s) or other glass jar with lid
1. Peel turmeric. Your fingers will turn yellow. Don’t worry! All-natural dish soap gets it right out. If your cutting board or countertop get stained, slather on dish soap and rub it in. Let it soak in for 5 min or longer, then scrub with water and sponge. The turmeric stain will vanish!

2. Crack and open tamarind. Make sure you get all the inner roots off, too. We’re only going to use the inner fruit.

3. Fill a big pot with water, put peeled tumeric in and let it boil for at least 20 minutes until the water becomes a rich and vibrant marigold color.

4. While the tumeric water is boiling, get a pan and pour 1 inch of water in with the peeled tamarind. Move the fruit around with a wooden utensil, mix it in with the water so it can melt and dissolve into a jam like texture. More water shouldn’t be needed, but if it’s lookin’ a bit dry, pour water in as needed.

By this time, you should be able to see the little seeds coming out. When the texture looks soft, turn heat off and let it cool down.

5. Go back to the tumeric water. By now, the color should look ready. Pour a little bit of cold water to lower the temperature. Take the turmeric water and pour it into the blender with the tumeric. We boiled it so the root could soften and have more flavor, now it’s ready to buzz in the blender for even more flavor and richness! Blend, blend, blend. The color now should look like an extra extra fiery marigold.

6. Go back to the tamarind in the pan. Pour substance into the strainer that is placed on top of a small bowl to catch the tamarind. Swish the jam like substance around in the strainer with the wooden utensil-- we only want to use the soft bits of the fruit. No seeds, no seed peels.

7. Pour the tamarind that has been caught in the bowl into the blender with the tumeric water. Buzz it around again.

8. We’re almost done. Squeeze your lemons into the blender. Now take the blender and pour your yummy juice into your mason jar(s). Add honey to taste, close with lid, shake it up to mix.

9. Store in fridge up to 3-4 days and drink daily!

Enjoy!Chloe Park Holistic Healing Practitioner, You can get the tamarind and turmeric on amazon
:flower:

Aside from the holistic health community, Western medical practitioners have only recently come on board in recognizing the benefits of turmeric.
In addition, ayurvedic and Chinese medicines utilize turmeric to clear infections and inflammations on the inside and outside of the body. But beyond the holistic health community, Western medical practitioners have only recently come on board in recognizing the benefits of turmeric.
Blocking cancer
Doctors at UCLA recently found that curcumin, the main component in turmeric, appeared to block an enzyme that promotes the growth of head and neck cancer.
In that study, 21 subjects with head and neck cancers chewed two tablets containing 1,000 milligrams of curcumin. An independent lab in Maryland evaluated the results and found that the cancer-promoting enzymes in the patients’ mouths were inhibited by the curcumin and thus prevented from advancing the spread of the malignant cells.
Powerful antioxidant
The University of Maryland’s Medical Center also states that turmeric’s powerful antioxidant properties fight cancer-causing free radicals, reducing or preventing some of the damage they can cause.
While more research is necessary, early studies have indicated that curcumin may help prevent or treat several types of cancer including prostate, skin and colon.
Potent anti-inflammatory

·
mamoo
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
mamoo
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Herbal Mixes: Mama's Red Raspberry Brew - organic

This is the best most delicious Iced Tea I have ever had... for men women and children....

Contains Natural Caffeine Free: Red raspberry, alfalfa, nettle, peppermint
I keep a pitcher of Red Raspberry tea made up in the refrigerator so I could drink several glasses a day.
Red Raspberry leaf has a medically proven and trusted track record in helping strengthen the womb of a pregnant woman, and it is also reported to be effective in restoring the womb after delivering.
I mixed in some Alfalfa so I could double the nutritional value of my daily tea. If I felt bloated, like I was holding water, I would add Nettle leaf to the tea. Peppermint was added for flavor and to aid digestion.
After your baby is born try some of Mama's Milk Tea It will help nursing mamas increase your milk supply and the nutritional value of your milk.
Ladies, while you are fixing some up for yourself, serve your man some too. Red Raspberry has very positive medicinal affects on men as well. Increased fertility for instance. That's why animal breeders add Red Raspberry to feed to increase male fertility. Oh, and they'll love the taste. Your man may grow to like it above all other teas. LOL It's one of the favorites in our house.
Directions
You can make a cup of hot tea by adding 1 or 2 teaspoons of the premixed herbs to 1 cup of boiling water. Let it steep for 5 to 10 minutes, strain, and add honey (raw is best) to taste.
To make a pitcher of tea for storing in the refrigerator, use 10 teaspoons or so of the premixed herbs for 8 cups of boiling water. Let it cool for a while and strain. Discard the used herbs, and put the tea in the refrigerator to drink over ice or reheated.
For more information on making teas, see the Preparing Remedies page. The following books have been our best references on making our own teas over the years: thebulkherbstore.com

·
mamoo
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
10,753 Posts
Does the detox drink really work? My wife and oldest daughter spend about $60 a month of beverage mixes that they believe both detoxify and provide enhanced nutrition.

Also my boss goes on these 15 day cleanse and 30 day cleanse programs about 1-2x a year. And they are NOT cheap. I presume that cleanse means clean out your digestive system and detoxify. Is their a natural recipe for that?

·
mamoo
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
mamoo
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Does the detox drink really work? My wife and oldest daughter spend about $60 a month of beverage mixes that they believe both detoxify and provide enhanced nutrition.

Also my boss goes on these 15 day cleanse and 30 day cleanse programs about 1-2x a year. And they are NOT cheap. I presume that cleanse means clean out your digestive system and detoxify. Is there a natural recipe for that?
For woman the best juice is with beets apples and carrots..

http://myhealthlist.net/2013/03/miracle-drink-apple-beetroot-carrot-juice/

And tons of greens.

The chlorophyll is a wonderful blood cleanser ... There is a bottle you can buy I think it is from NOW and it is a minty chlorophyll ....

Water is the best ... not bottled because it leaches toxins into the water from the plastic ...

Everything today is expensive except ..... junk food LOL

This is a nice juice

Ingredients:
3 apples (or 4)
3 beets
1 bunch parsley
1 head green leafy lettuce (can be Romaine lettuce, green leafy, red tipped leafy)
1 bunch cilantro
4 stalks celery
1 cucumber
3 inches ginger

·
mamoo
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Food Babe’s Turmeric Cooler Juice

Print
Prep time
15 mins
Total time
15 mins

Author: Food Babe
Serves: 2
Ingredients
2 inch piece of turmeric
1 bunch romaine lettuce
3 carrots
1 cucumber with ends removed
1 lemon with peel removed
Instructions
Wash all vegetables thoroughly and place into a large bowl
Juice each vegetable in this order – turmeric, romaine, carrots, lemon, and cucumber
Stir mixture before serving
Clean juicer immediately
Notes

*Please buy all organic ingredients if possible*

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts

Also my boss goes on these 15 day cleanse and 30 day cleanse programs about 1-2x a year. And they are NOT cheap. I presume that cleanse means clean out your digestive system and detoxify. Is their a natural recipe for that?
I don't do the "detox" ... think prevention from the start ...

"IMO" ... ;)

·
mamoo
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
mamoo
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I don't know how magic it is BUT I got this thing for 50 bucks to make it and I do ... when I remember I wash my mouth and gargle and such also.

But when I was in the middle east ... syria there was a castle or fort .. I believ was built by the crusaders contrary to what the syrians said... LOL anyway they have cisterns and amazing water aqueducts in it and guess what the cisterns are lined with... SILVER!!! I thought that was amazing... anyway do some research and I would in a little contraption to make it. Although I use my distiller for the water and they aren't cheap.. But I have had my distillers for 16 years and have them repaired on occasion ... they are worth every penny .. About 300 buck when I bought mine ... who knows what they are now. Sorry you asked .. right? LOL :flower:

·
mamoo
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Herbal Tea Update: Hibiscus

·
mamoo
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Clear Skin and Calm Insides - EZ Aloe Tutorial for Ulcers, PMS
Drink this .. its good for you... LOL

·
Registered
695 Posts

·
mamoo
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I was going to make it with whey ... but it says it isn't as good... But I do like kombucha... I made and am making the turmeric and tamarind drink.. my husband and daughter drink it like crazy... hope thats okay LOL

I will try it with the whey next week.. I made some good sour yogurt ...and I will use that whey...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts