post picture of yourself

Discussion in 'General Preparedness Discussion' started by skunkape, Oct 14, 2008.

1. skunkape

skunkape New Member

Hey everyone should post a picture of themselves just for kicks :D

2. JeepHammer

JeepHammer Well-Known Member

Why would you want to see a middle aged, fat, Indiana farmer guy?
    Thats just creepy! :p

3. ME CO

ME CO New Member

Is this Bill? Why don't you shave your head again and post your pic haha. Still gettin the gold? HH Mark

4. TechAdmin

TechAdmin Administrator Staff Member

I have a feeling most here prefer to be more anonymous. ;)

5. coinguy

coinguy Well-Known Member

Unless....you look like Santa. Even the blurb about me in Time magazine described me as looking like Santa. Yes, I own the suit. The beard USED to be red but it turned white a few years ago. You might see the carry handle of an AR-15 in the lower end of the pic. Rough neighborhood I guess. :eek:

G

6. JeepHammer

[​IMG]

OOPS! Screwed my link up!

7. TechAdmin

8. JeepHammer

Factory AMC 304.
    Transplanted T-18 transmission, Dana 300 T-case, Dana 44 rear.
    Planning Dana 44 for the front, but haven't got around to it yet.
    Upgrade to front disc brakes, and I have all the stuff here to add power steering, something it can really use with the new lift and tires!

Dual ignitions, Dual fans, Dual fuel pumps, Dual batteries,
    On board air compressor,
    And I can stick weld off the alternator.
    It has a winch how that it didn't have in that picture.

I don't get broken on the trails where I can't fix it and get home anymore...
    (Hence the name 'JeepHammer'! ;) )

Jeep tool kit:
    1 broken 1/2" drive socket and 13 hammers!

Last edited: Oct 16, 2008
  9. TechAdmin

Opps meant 304 not 305. I had a CJ5 with the 304 but it was a rust bucket so I swapped it for a CJ7 with a 258 which I have now.

10. JeepHammer

Mine is a rust bucket, but the frame is solid (suprising with a factory V-8!)...

Engine is about gone, and I have a fresh, mildly built AMC 360 in the garage...
    I'm just trying to decide if I really want to change that many U joints and stuff!
    I already know I'm not going to keep my foot out of it, so broken parts are inevitable with the 360...

I have several Jeeps,
    '73 CJ-5
    Just sold '74 CJ-5
    '79 CJ-7 that is a dedicated trail rig,

'75 & '79 J-20 trucks (for parts)
    A nifty old Gladiator for parts,
    '86 Grand Wagoneer that I tow my trailer with...

I'm a Jeep junky!
    I raced AMC cars for about 20 years, and now that I'm out of drag racing, this is my hobby... Or one of them anyway!

11. Copacetic

Copacetic Member

Not to brag, but I'm so good looking that it would be unfair to post a picture. Plus, I tried to and I am less than computer literate sometimes. Just imagine that I am not overwieght, I don't have crooked teeth, I am not 39 years old, and I don't have to grow a gote to keep my oldest daughter (15 yo) from saying (after I shave it off for the first time in nine years and she is watching) "Oh look dad, another chin!" Yep, I'm a regular 'hottie' I would say.;)

Last edited: Oct 19, 2008
  12. JW Parker

JW Parker Keep Your SP101 Handy!

I doubt that very many would want to see me but if I had something to take a picture with and if I knew how to post it, I probable would.

13. Forest Breath

Forest Breath Unci

I'm new but here is me...

[​IMG]

Here is my beloved as well, he's a pirate!

[​IMG]

And our off the grid home, complete with outhouse!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We live with no electric or indoor plumbing, process all of our own foods (including meat), raise our own meat (except for the deer and other wild meats), wash clothes by hand, take baths on the back porch, collect rain water for dishes, baths laundry and animals and we are loving life! Been off the grid completely for over 5 months with no regrets and no plans to ever plug back in!

14. Copacetic

Copacetic Member

Nice pirate, where can we get one? :Dlol:D Hey, we too plan to wind up off-grid. Evaluating our 'needs' to 'wants' right now. We are building a solar water heater and plan to be off-grid within the year. Good on ya!

15. JeepHammer

Outhouse with a satellite dish!
    I'm IMPRESSED!
    I guess you need solar panels on top to run that satellite and TV while sitting on the 'Throne'!...

[​IMG]

16. Copacetic

Copacetic Member

Must have priorities!!! :)

17. JeepHammer

I grew up with a 'three holer', but the third hole was always covered by boxes of 'Reading Material' if you know what I mean... ;)

18. Diamond_Ranch

Diamond_Ranch Homesteading since 1971

<-------- That's me about 60 years ago. :D

19. Forest Breath

Forest Breath Unci

Mike...what about today? Bet you are still handsome!

JeepHammer....a three holer...wow, we only had 2 holes when Iw as a child. Our Sears Catalog hung from a wire on the wall. I thought about a two holer but decided, since we don't get many visitors, we would stick with one. We have a sink, with running water where we collect rain water in a container in the back and have a spigot in the sing. We have cabinets, candles and flowers, a mirror, reading material, a secret storage bin and even pictures hanging from the walls.

Here is a pic of my lovely granddaughter, Lakota, helping me can muscadines.

[​IMG]