Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
The wanderer
4,350 Posts
Anybody know when the timeline is for this: "But with time running short before the U.S. Treasury exhausts its borrowing room, Yuan said default was a real risk."

When do we "exhaust" our "borrowing room"? Is it a certain date, or is it when we reach a certain dollar amount? Do we have a rough idea when we reach that?

The rest of this year and all of next are going to be a pretty horrible time, politically. There's is so much division and bickering among our lawmakes, not to mention the old time standard of pork and corruption. It could get pretty nasty. As if the economy and weather haven't screwed things up enough for the average person, the political bull-crap games are really screwing everyone over.

This whole default thing really IS playing with fire. The goal isn't default, it's to get their way on something else. It's a bad game to play.

·
Banned
399 Posts
Looks like we should try something different that borrowing and spending.
Right now we are borrowing to pay the interest on money we have already borrowed. There has to come a time when we stop borrowing and learn to live on what we have. It won't be easy. The longer we wait the harder it will be to do. We, as a country, will have to do this some day or China will take over without firing a shot.

·
Just getting started. Always.
1,810 Posts
"I really worry about the risks of a U.S. debt default, which I think may lead to a decline in the dollar's value," Li said."

May?

"It just wouldn't happen," said Barry Evans, who oversees $83 billion in fixed income assets at Manulife Asset Management. "They would pay their Treasury bills first instead of other bills. It's as simple as that."

What 'other bills' wouldnt be paid? Like that in and of itself wouldnt cause a panic here?

·
Still waiting for the zombies.
1,596 Posts
Article said early August (2nd I think) we run out.

Right now it's just a political battle of each side trying to make the other look bad but, just like with the threats of government shut down earlier this year, they will at the last minute come to some agreement and approve the increase. They have to as it then becomes someone else's problem. Failure to do so and it becomes their problem and none of them want to face up to it and deal with.

Years and years of kicking it down the road for the next guy to deal with is what got us into this mess. Anyone really think they're going to change now? We can Hope they will Change but we all know the emptiness behind those words.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Article said early August (2nd I think) we run out.

Right now it's just a political battle of each side trying to make the other look bad but, just like with the threats of government shut down earlier this year, they will at the last minute come to some agreement and approve the increase. They have to as it then becomes someone else's problem. Failure to do so and it becomes their problem and none of them want to face up to it and deal with.

Years and years of kicking it down the road for the next guy to deal with is what got us into this mess. Anyone really think they're going to change now? We can Hope they will Change but we all know the emptiness behind those words.
they will at the last minute come to some agreement and approve the increase.

Like steal federal/govt pensions??? or is even that an illusion?? just words on paper??:nuts:

·
I put SAs on IGNORE!
2,426 Posts
And the hits just keep on coming ...
on the state of Idaho website, they are gun ho for this!

And Idaho is not the only place this commie owner company wants to build!

Once they get in, they won't get out..at least without violence, I hate to say

Our country is pimping itself out, all at the expense of true Americans!

·
Banned
399 Posts
This has been coming for some time.
Why start a war in which real estate would be destroyed? Why start a war where so many resourses would be wasted? Why start a war when so many workers would be diverted from their jobs?
Why not just buy the land? Simple if you have the money and China seems to have plenty of that. Spread enough cash around and you can even make the country you are invading welcome you with open arms.

·
I put SAs on IGNORE!
2,426 Posts
This has been coming for some time.
Why start a war in which real estate would be destroyed? Why start a war where so many resourses would be wasted? Why start a war when so many workers would be diverted from their jobs?
Why not just buy the land? Simple if you have the money and China seems to have plenty of that. Spread enough cash around and you can even make the country you are invading welcome you with open arms.
Are you asking me or are you being general?

Because I do not believe we should allow a communist owned company come into our country like this.

·
Banned
399 Posts
Are you asking me or are you being general?

Because I do not believe we should allow a communist owned company come into our country like this.
Just being general. Trying to explain how it has been coming and why it is happening.

We will have a very hard job stopping them. If we choose to not allow a communist company to buy land in the U.S. who else will we decide to stop, and who will decide who is allowed to buy land in the U.S.

·
Registered
983 Posts
History will show Mexico lost the war with the US and now they are taking over our country. Japan lost the war with our country and now are a big part of American lives (how many of you do not have something made in Japan?). Why should China waste money on the cost of war. China holds one trillion dollars of our debt in treasury bonds not counting what we owe them in trade, they are sneaking in the backdoor while we are looking out the front window.

·
The wanderer
4,350 Posts
So...who are they planning to populate these communities with? Are they bringing workers/families over from China? Will they become US citizens (eventually) like any migrants, or will they stay Chinese citizens? Are they going to 'stock' it with American chinese and then be able to indocrinate them from "capitalist" american-chinese to communist chinese? Will this be run like a "Prison community", can the people go out to Boise and shop, and take vacations and such? Or do they have to do all that within the confines of this "city"?

There are many disturbing things to think about regarding their plan, and it goes beyond the political, economical, and military concerns, which are greatly disturbing in and of themself.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts