Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my calendar and even looked up some info on this. HELP:cry:

It says to start tomatoes, peppers and beans. But then at the end of the month it says to start annual seeds. I want to start my greenhouse and was going to start my seeds tomorrow. Would that be correct?

·
I sold my soul to The_Blob. He had candy...
1,799 Posts
I just started to plant by the Moon also. Sorry I can't answer your question. Perhaps our expert will check in soon.

Oh Andi! YoooHooo ANDI.....we need you!

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
I'm no expert ;) but my grams was. She just had that nack...

One thing to keep in mind, if you are working from a book. There are two different zodiac systems in use today. The tropical and the sidereal. (I use the tropical.)

There is nothing complicated about using astrology in the garden but there is one very important rule that gets "the pass" (neglected) ... common sense. ~ Don't rap yourself around the book. ;)

One thing that helped me was to look at the whole picture first ... Each quarter of the moon (and what it does) and then each sign. (barren, productive or fruitful)

Per my book ~ Mar 2, 10:08am~Mar 4, 6:17 pm ... 2nd qtr. ... sign Cancer:

Plant grains, leafy annuals. Fertilize(chemical :eek:) Graft plants. Trim to increase growth.

So ... you are good the go, tomatoes, peppers and beans are planted in the 2nd quarter in Cancer.

March 8th looks great for medicinal plants. :D

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
I just started to plant by the Moon also. Sorry I can't answer your question. Perhaps our expert will check in soon.

Oh Andi! YoooHooo ANDI.....we need you!
:eek: I should have added ... Thank you for the kind words ... ;)

:thankyou:

·
1,799 Posts
Andi, I just found my heirloom tomato seeds (I have no idea how I misplaced them). But I have missed my window to start them with the others. Should I go ahead and start them now anyway? Or just wait until the next Moon cycle for them? When would the next cycle be? Can you tell I can't find the same site I used before to give me dates? And while I am at it, I do not have a book on planting by the signs, do you have a website that you would recommend?

·
1,799 Posts
:thankyou: Andi.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts