Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
The Tech
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought some food Items today and went to my storage to repackage the macaronis in Mylar bags. I brought with me a small tupperware with remaining oxygen absobers I had leftover after oppening the mother load.also I kept the pink pill that indicates the absorbers "freshness"in the tupperware. pink if pill is good and turns blue if Oxygen has seeped into container,therefore absorbers are no longher good. Its been months since I opened the tuppereware and the pill was still pink so I grabbed some of the absorbers threw it into the mylar bag with food and quickly sealed it. I looked to the side and the pill was still pink. I grapped one of the blue absorber package and it was cold and the powder was hardened. I remember the last time i did this the blue package became hot once oxygen activated it.
Questions my friends- Is the pink plastic wrapped pill accurate? do i need to remove the plastik wrapper for a better indication.? what kind of container should I store the left over absorbers in? Any feedback appreciated,thanks

·
I'm done - gone
1,585 Posts
I keep my absorbers in a mason jar with lid and ring. Sometimes I can catch it sealing when I'm finished using them

1 - 3 of 3 Posts