People are finally catching on.

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by lexsurivor, Mar 29, 2011.

1. lexsurivor

lexsurivor Well-Known Member

I was at walmart today and noticed the pistol ammunition case was bare except for a couple of boxes here and there. Are people starting to figure it out?

2. Emerald

Emerald Well-Known Member

I have been trying to talk the hubby into picking up more ammo for all of our hunting guns and while looking this week end they had plenty on the shelf and in the lock box behind the counter and in both of the stores I went to. Now that we have a big fire safe to lock stuff into I want to fill it a bit! :sssh: Don't tell.

3. ar15bob

ar15bob ar15bob

I have been buying ammo for years a little at a time,all calibers,and shotgun shells.Its amazing what you can accomplish a little at a time.my fear is the government will get its hands in something else,the brady bunch is deeply involved with this adminstration,if you want it get it now before its not there

4. TrackerRat

TrackerRat Well-Known Member

i just think people are buying it up in the thought that the prices will continue to rise and the Obama factor threatens the rights of our constitution.

5. ComputerGuy

ComputerGuy Retired Air Force

I believe you are correct. Plus inflation

6. OldCootHillbilly

OldCootHillbilly Reverend Coot

Round here it comes an goes in spurts, they might have lots an then again they ain't hardly got any.

Keep buyin a little at a time.

7. ComputerGuy

As I say. Like the Turtle... Slow and methodical. Each day I spend around 20.00 for a little this and a little that!!

8. TrackerRat

TrackerRat Well-Known Member

As do I...

9. Clarice

Clarice Well-Known Member

Read today in the news that wally world is adding 8,500 items back to their inventory, maybe ammo is one of them. Just make sure your purchase of guns and ammo is the correct size etc. for that is one thing they will not take back or exchange. Needed some more 308's, wasn't paying attention clerk rang up 38's bagged them and I left the store. When I realized the mistake I went to exchange (had my dated receipt) and was told no way. There is no notice posted in the sporting goods dept. the only notice pointed out to me was at customer service so far back behind the counter it was not readable. I was out $35 until I found an individual who would exchange.

10. IlliniWarrior

IlliniWarrior Well-Known Member

Check the Cabinet Underneath

I thought the same thing about the shelves being empty ....... went in to buy some .223 and the shelf spot for the ammo was gone entirely ...... had the clerk check the locked cabinet ...... all kinds of ammo down there ...... security for the individual stores? ........ keeping the anti gunners quiet? ...... private stocking for the better customers?

11. ComputerGuy

You can get a great price on .223's at ammunitiontogo.com