Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The rules are simple:

1. This is NOT a thread to sell things in. If you want to sell an item start your own thread.

2. I typically pay shipping for items I post up to give away but be flexible. If someone has paid forward an item that weighs a ton and you are getting it for free don't whine if they ask for you to cover the shipping.

3. Nothing hazardous or illegal.

4. To be fair, first "I'll take that" in the thread gets it. Please don't bombard the giver with PMs ... that puts them in an untenable spot and is not fair.

5. HAVE FUN!! :2thumb:

OK ...

First up I have a book entitled "The Herb Guide -- How to Find, Select, Grow, Apply, Dry, Brew and Cook with Nearly 300 Herbs" by Sally Ann Berk.

It is not nearly as comprehensive as Penelope Ody's books but is a good starting place for someone as each herb listed also has a nice color photograph of the plant. It is also sorely lacking in the "find, select, grow, apply, dry, brew and cook" part, although there are some tidbits of information here and there along with a few recipes mixed in. I found it most useful for plant identification. (And the price is right!!:D)

234 pages, Copyright 1996, 2010
Was originally published under the title "The Naturalists' Herb Guide"

· Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey BB... I asked the LOM if she wants your book.. should have a reply in a few mins..text ya know... if so I'll take it...
I'll be in the Bethany area next week starting the 18th visiting my Mommy...lol.. I can meet someplace if you want.. I don't know the city at all..
HB
That will work. I'm a Stepford wife so no time constraints on me! :p PM me and let me know where your mom's place is. I bet I can find a place to meet close to her. It will be great to put a face to the name! :2thumb:

· Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Generally the way pay it forward threads work is if you take something offered you should offer something up. Some boards don't let you take anything until after you have given something. I'm not saying that we should do that here, just saying that its only fair that if you get something - you should offer something.

I'll put up a 100 count of 223 brass (range pick ups), if anyone can use it.

If you would like them post an "I'll take it" and what you are putting up for grabs here, and PM me your addy to ship to.
That's the way this is supposed to work too. I see I made it clear in the other thread but not so clear in this one. I tried to edit my original post but it won't let me. Thanks for pointing out my lack of clarity.

SO ... guys and gals ...

IF YOU TAKE SOMETHING PLEASE BE NICE AND GIVE SOMETHING IN RETURN. THANKS!!

· Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not a problem, I was going to offer seeds from last year. Just had to check and see where my abundances are but most likely string beans, peas, corn. I also received a 'bonus pack' from Schuman's this year and all I am interested in is the tomatoes. I will post the official offer listing contents tomorrow.
That's the way it works on another board I frequent. Someone posts I'll take it real quick and then comes back in a day or two after they dig through their stuff with another post offering stuff up.

I was just trying to fix my boo-boo because I didn't make it clear in the OP. :sssh:

I've got some more stuff to put up (mostly books) but the weather has been so nice here. The computer doesn't seem have the allure it does when there is a TON of snow on the ground! haha! :p

· Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Okay ... here is my replacement items for the seeds from Woody ...

1. 500 or so rounds .40 cal brass ... mixed headstamp, uncleaned, not deprimed, but most of it is once fired.

2. A Practical Guide to Living on an Acre -- The Self-Reliant Life by the U.S. Department of Agriculture. I would say it is in "like new" shape even though it has been read several times.

I only go out about every ten days or so (trying to conserve gas and I actually HATE going to the post office :( ). So I'll mail on my next day out (probably Friday next week), but I will get them to you! Enjoy!

· Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Had a great FTF with HozayBuck and Woody I got the seeds!! OMGosh!! It was like CHRISTMAS!! :D

Thank you VERY MUCH!!

So ... the herbal book is gone and the Living on an Acre book is gone but I still have the .40 brass if anyone is interested. I'll even pay shipping.

And I'll throw in another book ...

Grain-Free Gourmet by Jodi Bager and Jenny Lass

I have tried a few of the recipes and they were pretty good. This book would be GREAT for someone with allergy issues. The recipes are grain-free, refined sugar-free and low-lactose. It helped me a lot a couple of years ago when I was having health issues and my DO thought I had food allergies.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.