Pay-It-Forward Thread

Discussion in 'For Sale & Wanted' started by BadgeBunny, Feb 11, 2011.

1. BadgeBunny

BadgeBunny Well-Known Member

The rules are simple:

1. This is NOT a thread to sell things in. If you want to sell an item start your own thread.

2. I typically pay shipping for items I post up to give away but be flexible. If someone has paid forward an item that weighs a ton and you are getting it for free don't whine if they ask for you to cover the shipping.

3. Nothing hazardous or illegal.

4. To be fair, first "I'll take that" in the thread gets it. Please don't bombard the giver with PMs ... that puts them in an untenable spot and is not fair.

5. HAVE FUN!! :2thumb:

OK ...

First up I have a book entitled "The Herb Guide -- How to Find, Select, Grow, Apply, Dry, Brew and Cook with Nearly 300 Herbs" by Sally Ann Berk.

It is not nearly as comprehensive as Penelope Ody's books but is a good starting place for someone as each herb listed also has a nice color photograph of the plant. It is also sorely lacking in the "find, select, grow, apply, dry, brew and cook" part, although there are some tidbits of information here and there along with a few recipes mixed in. I found it most useful for plant identification. (And the price is right!!:D)

234 pages, Copyright 1996, 2010
    Was originally published under the title "The Naturalists' Herb Guide"

2. JayJay

JayJay Well-Known Member

BB..what a nice idea!!

3. HozayBuck

HozayBuck Well-Known Member

Hey BB... I asked the LOM if she wants your book.. should have a reply in a few mins..text ya know... if so I'll take it...
    I'll be in the Bethany area next week starting the 18th visiting my Mommy...lol.. I can meet someplace if you want.. I don't know the city at all..
    HB

4. BadgeBunny

That will work. I'm a Stepford wife so no time constraints on me! :p PM me and let me know where your mom's place is. I bet I can find a place to meet close to her. It will be great to put a face to the name! :2thumb:

5. ZoomZoom

ZoomZoom Rookie Prepper

Out for consideration...

I'll offer up 3 copies (1 per member unless you'll pay-it-forward yourself) of the 100th Anniversary edition (current, this years edition) Ball Blue Book Guide to Preserving.

Here's the book I'm referring to.
    Amazon.com: Ball Blue Book Guide to Preserving (0797190001428): Altrista Consumr Products: Books

I'll pay shipping in CONUS. Speak up here and PM your mailing info. Open to all members who exist prior to this date/post. It may take me a week to ship as they closed our local Post Office and with a recently injured knee, I don't get out a lot, especially to the next town.

6. HozayBuck

Thanks BB !! I'll get back with ou when I'm there..most likely on Fri 18th..

7. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

Cool... once I get the 'hang' of it ... lol ...

8. jnrdesertrats

jnrdesertrats Noob

I would like a copy please. I will P.M. my address

9. GroovyMike

GroovyMike Well-Known Member

the way it works

Generally the way pay it forward threads work is if you take something offered you should offer something up. Some boards don't let you take anything until after you have given something. I'm not saying that we should do that here, just saying that its only fair that if you get something - you should offer something.

I'll put up a 100 count of 223 brass (range pick ups), if anyone can use it.

If you would like them post an "I'll take it" and what you are putting up for grabs here, and PM me your addy to ship to.

10. Woody

Woody Woodchuck

Bczoom

I’ll go for a copy. PMing my details.

Thank YOU!

11. BadgeBunny

That's the way this is supposed to work too. I see I made it clear in the other thread but not so clear in this one. I tried to edit my original post but it won't let me. Thanks for pointing out my lack of clarity.

SO ... guys and gals ...

IF YOU TAKE SOMETHING PLEASE BE NICE AND GIVE SOMETHING IN RETURN. THANKS!!

12. Woody

Woody Woodchuck

Not a problem, I was going to offer seeds from last year. Just had to check and see where my abundances are but most likely string beans, peas, corn. I also received a 'bonus pack' from Schuman's this year and all I am interested in is the tomatoes. I will post the official offer listing contents tomorrow.

13. BadgeBunny

That's the way it works on another board I frequent. Someone posts I'll take it real quick and then comes back in a day or two after they dig through their stuff with another post offering stuff up.

I was just trying to fix my boo-boo because I didn't make it clear in the OP. :sssh:

I've got some more stuff to put up (mostly books) but the weather has been so nice here. The computer doesn't seem have the allure it does when there is a TON of snow on the ground! haha! :p

14. Lonewufcry

Lonewufcry Lonewufcry

This is a great Idea

15. ZoomZoom

ZoomZoom Rookie Prepper

I have 1 copy left.

16. ZoomZoom

ZoomZoom Rookie Prepper

jnrdesertrats and Woody.

Your books have been mailed.

17. Woody

Woody Woodchuck

Thank you that was fast!

My mailing of seeds might take more than just a few hours, I just don't want everyone to think I'll be as fast as you were.

18. HozayBuck

I've been racking my brain for items that would appeal to both Ladies and Men... I have tons of guy stuff..lol...

I have a bunch of range pick up 357 Sig Brass.. I'll put that in..

Have the book " The World ends in Hickory Hollow".. a very good SHTF book..but not a wild assed shootem up.. good book.. while I really liked it I felt it was more geared toward women's POV

I'll go thru some of the stuff in my shed tomorrow.. I really could stand to clear some of this out..

19. Woody

Woody Woodchuck

As my pay-it-forward I put together a little garden assortment. This is not a complete survival garden; I just packaged some seeds from my stash until bedtime then stopped. We’ll call it a partial garden sampler assortment. Not sure who would benefit from it the most, a novice who wants to try out a few varieties or an old hand who sees a few strains that they would like to add to their collection. Most were originally bought from Gurney’s (or a local store in NE PA) and all are commonly available. Some bought many years ago so might be crossed by now. The Jacob’s Cattle has definitely morphed and lost its mostly white color that I loved. I need to find a replacement but these are doing the job fine and I like the taste. Possibly someone would like to take what they like, add some different choices and offer it up again. Up to the taker.

My disclaimer. There might be one... or two... more packages in here, or maybe one less or maybe exactly what is listed. The seed counts are approximate. If it says 50 you might get 48 or you might get 60 or you might get exactly 50. It was my bedtime ya know and the eye/mind/hand thing gets a little fuzzy when I’m tired! I did not individually count seeds but did a pouring count and would like to think every package has more than listed. If the taker is dissatisfied let me know and I’ll make it up to them.

Spinach: Space (hybrid) – 25 seeds [never planted this, these seeds are from 2010]
    Spinach: Giant Nobel – 50
    Spinach: Bloomsdale Long Standing – 50 [my old staple crop]
    Carrot: Lunar white – 50 [something different!]
    Carrot: Tendersweet – 50 [these are my staple]
    Radish: Cherry Belle – 50 [fast, early and tasty, been my staple forever]
    Radish: Watermellon – 50 [first year seed saves so don’t know how they will do]
    Radish: German Giant – 50 [with a little TLC you can get tender MONSTERS!]
    Lettuce: Romain (Unknown name) – 50 [had this a long time and forgot what it is called]
    Lettuce: Black Seeded Simpson – 50 [from a new purchased package, Shumway’s 2011]
    Lettuce: Green Butterhead – 50
    Bean: Rattlesnake – 50 [from a new package, Baker Creek 2011]
    Bean: Poley (I forgot the real name but they are 8+ footers and will bear in the heat) – 50
    Bean: Jacob’s Cattle – 50 [These are maroon, they lost the mostly white trait many years ago]
    Bean: Kentucky Wonder – 50 [from a new package, Baker Creek 2011]
    Bean: Green Bean– 50 [My old staple, I believe it is Kentucky Blue, 6’ tall and good producer. Tastes more green beany than Poley, Caution though the Japanese Beetles love this one]
    Lima: King of the Garden – 25 [watch out if you have them is soil they like!!!]
    Pea: Mr. Big – 50 [shelling pea - new 2011 seeds from Shumway’s]
    Pea: Tall Telephone – 50 [shelling pea – first year seed save, no guarantees but I have faith!]
    Pea: Wando – 50 [shelling pea – my all time favorite late spring treats, never seem to plant enough]
    Tomato: Sweet Million – 10 [average cherry but they sit well in my tummy]
    Tomato: German Johnson Pink – 10 [new 2011 seeds from Shumway’s]
    Tomato: Brandywine – 10 [my main crop ‘matters]
    Pepper: Caribean Red – 5 [new to me bought from Shumway’s, supposed to be HOT]
    Pepper: Green of some sort – 10 [forgot what it was called but a nice green pepper, my main cropper]
    Pepper: Jupiter – 5 [new also from Shumway’s]

I will be out of the office (no internet at home) until Tuesday, unless someone grabs them before 11:00 EDT. So, I will get them off next week, might be as long as Saturday depending on work. Just to let folks know!

20. BadgeBunny

Woody ... I'll take those seeds ... Let me go find something to replace them with!! Thanks!!!! :D

I'll PM ya my address!