Pay it forward thread

Discussion in 'Website Comments and Suggestions' started by BadgeBunny, Feb 9, 2011.

1. BadgeBunny

BadgeBunny Well-Known Member

I am a member on another board that has a "pay it forward" thread. The only stipulation is that you are willing to give whatever it is away for free and that the receipent of that good fortune post another item to give away.

I have seen scopes, ammo, supplies, even a couple of rifles posted there and in the 4, almost 5 years I have been a member of that board I have NEVER seen anyone take advantage of our good nature.

Anyhow, have several books in my library that have served their purpose. They are all preparedness or skill related and are in excellent shape. But they need to go to someone who can use them. I would post them there but most of those guys already think I am touched ... lol ... you know ... one of "those" people! :p

Would you guys be interested in doing something like that here?

2. NaeKid

NaeKid YourAdministrator, eh?

There have been similar type of things going on - normally through the most appropriate section (ie: sending off seeds in the growing-section)

If there is enough interest, a PayItForward section could be created

3. Magus

Magus Scavenger deluxe

IF you're going to risk that,might as well add a swap shop in there with it.:)

Just be damn sure everyone realizes that the owners have NO responsibility of interactions off the forum.

4. PamsPride

PamsPride edirPsmaP

That sounds really neat BadgeBunny! I am not sure I would have much to offer because I am not sure if there is much interest here on custom boutique items. I am not sure that I would have any preparedness items to offer as I am trying to collect those myself.

5. GroovyMike

GroovyMike Well-Known Member

I check pay it forward threads on a couple of boards regularly.
    They are a great idea. So too are classified sections for sale items.

6. sailaway

sailaway Well-Known Member

Uncle Joe & Becky bought me lunch, said to pay it forward, I bought Jason dinner asked him to pay it forward, it works well here.:congrat:

7. BadgeBunny

I think you misunderstand my intent. I have learned a lot here and made several friends. I do not look to gain anything from posting the books I have. I am even willing to pay shipping. The only thing I ask in return is that the receipent place an item they are willing to part with without compensation in the thread to "replace" the one they are taking. If it is something they want to sell there is already a Classifieds here for that.

There is a particular board I am on that is predominently men (a gun board). Their pay it forward thread has had purses, furniture, gun items, all kinds of things posted in it. In the 4 years I have been a member of that board not once has anyone been "taken".

Because I am not real sure where to start it I guess I will go down to the Want Ads and put it there. We'll just see how it goes ... I think the majority of the members of this board have the integrity, honesty and morals to make this work otherwise I wouldn't have suggested it. :2thumb:

8. BadgeBunny

Not everything I have is typical preparedness stuff either but I am pretty sure that somebody can use them.

I've been a bad member and not kept up with some things like I should but hopefully that will get better. Today is the first day since my procedure Tuesday that I haven't been willing to make human sacrifices to stop the pain. :gaah: ;)

Hopefully, things will only get better from here. I am off to start my thread now!

9. HozayBuck

HozayBuck Well-Known Member

Hey BB ! great idea.. I know the board your talking about.. there was one guy who seemed to be taking advantage but I think they froze him out...

I'll pitch in right now!!

One hardly used ex wife comes with a mother... unfortunately they seem to be connected at the hip so are a pair... :D

OK OK..I'll stop with the bad jokes...

But I've seen this before and I think it would work well in here.. and lord knows I have a lot of stuff I can go thru..the only problem is in some cases shipping can make it an undesirable issue... for instance I have some bullets I will never use.. but the shipping fees would make it something not worth doing... in that case I would offer them and ship them if the other party was willing to drop the shipping cost in the mail after getting the goods..

I'm not talking about a buck or two... but after a while those 5 and 10 $$ mailings can get costly....

That's my $0.02 worth... I'll let yawl know what I dig up...and if I can ship it or would expect that fee back..

10. BadgeBunny

LOL ... my goodness!! If that were the case I have an ex- with a mom attached also! tee hee!! :D (If only it were that easy, huh?? :rolleyes:)