Patriotism is now a Hate Group

Discussion in 'General Preparedness Discussion' started by CulexPipiens, Feb 23, 2011.

1. CulexPipiens

CulexPipiens Still waiting for the zombies.

U.S. Hate Groups Top 1,000 | Southern Poverty Law Center

A few excerpts...

"The number of active hate groups in the United States topped 1,000 for the first time and the antigovernment “Patriot” movement expanded dramatically for the second straight year as the radical right showed continued explosive growth in 2010."

"But the most dramatic growth in the radical right came in the antigovernment “Patriot” movement. These conspiracy-minded organizations, which see the federal government as their primary enemy, grew by 61 percent over the previous year. Their numbers increased to 824 groups in 2010, from 512 groups a year earlier. Previously, the only higher count of Patriot groups came in 1996, during the movement’s heyday, when the SPLC found 858 groups. Militias, the paramilitary arm of the Patriot movement, grew from 127 groups to 330 – a 160 percent increase."

On another site I saw the reference to this report and they phrased it as "Experts say the most negative energy seems to be coming from people who think the federal government is conspiring to take away their freedom."

2. CulexPipiens

CulexPipiens Still waiting for the zombies.

Maybe I'm reading more into the report... but I got out of it that if you don't agree with the government, then you're a terrorist.

3. nj_m715

nj_m715 www.veggear.blogspot.com

This Country was founded by terrorists.
    What does that make everyone in the tea party?
    I guess anyone registered to vote as independent might be a terrorist too.

4. azurevirus

azurevirus Member

The Minutemen were called "vigilantes" by Bush when they went to our southern border...the government probably wont change much if republicans win everything next time around..democrats/republicans..birds of a feather..most ppl realize this and thats why the word government leaves a bad taste in their mouth

5. BadgeBunny

BadgeBunny Well-Known Member

6. idahofreedom

idahofreedom Active Member

I do not believe that there is a "conspiracy to take away our freedoms" - however, I do believe this trend exists in every single society on earth.

Nations tend to go through cycles - many of us lived in and enjoyed a previous cycle and now the nation is changing (I say already has changed) into the next cycle we freak out. During this process we try to find someone to blame - "who is doing this to us" - in the end, we discover we did it to ourselves by no teaching the next generation properly.

Study this list, and I think you will agree.

Cycles of a Nation:
    1. from bondage to spiritual faith;
    2. from spiritual faith to great courage;
    3. from courage to liberty;
    4. from liberty to abundance;
    5. from abundance to complacency;
    6. from complacency to apathy;
    7. from apathy to dependence;
    8. from dependence back into bondage.

During a trip to Israel a few years ago, we were being guided around and our tour guide pointed to a group of young soldiers that were also going through the historic sites. He said they were being taught their history so that they KNEW what they were fighting for.

Make sure you teach your children, grand children and great grandchildren about this country and WHY it is so important that we fight to keep it free and not allow power hungry people to impose regulations on us AND that freedom include independence - NOT relying on the government for our needs. (which is what gives them the power).

Now, it's up to you.......

7. MrSfstk8d

MrSfstk8d Well-Known Member

Bravo, Idaho, well said.

8. Bigdog57

Bigdog57 Adventurer at large

Our "Government" is no longer "Of the people, by the people and for the people". The august members of that body on high have set themselves apart, as elitists who wish to RULE us, not lead us. So why should we kowtow to them? Dang right I am 'against' them. When they begin doing the job they were 'elected' to do, my attitude may change. As long as they work in their own sordid interests, I WILL oppose them. I will vote them out. I will fight their trouncing our my rights to give others unearned 'entitlements'.
    If that gets me 'on the list', then so be it. I am a PATRIOT.

9. TimB

TimB Member

Well said, idaho and Bigdog. :congrat:
    Like Bigdog said, if being a Patriot makes me a terrorist, then I reckon I'm a terrorist. :rolleyes:

Tim

10. philjam

philjam Well-Known Member

Just for poops and giggles, I will represent myself as a loyal Tory to King Obamarama.

Hello, I am Philjam. I am a staunch Democrat. I believe in the Democratic principles espoused by our glorious comrades, FDR, Edward Kennedy and others. I wear the red shirt proudly to our demonstrations in Madison.

Knuckle dragger Tea Partiers & true conservative Repubs are rascist hate mongers. An articulate, globally revered, young, African-American success story is just too much for your red necks. You pretend to care for things like "budgets," when in reality all you want to do is pad the pockets of the obscenely rich fat people on Wall St. The initials of the Tea Party are the same as the initials for toilet paper. Palin is no different than Omar Mullah. She wants regressive policy
    as part of her fundamentalist agenda. No abortion... marriage is only for a man and woman. She is against state sponsored same sex marriage. Why doesn't she go live in a Cave in Alaska? The real Patriots in this country are teachers of our children. You won't find many Repulinuts teaching. They are too busy making obscene profits raping the environment.

In conclusion, I will tell you that there is hope for your salvation. Read the works of our glorious Chairman. Google "Jane Fonda." Go to a union demonstration. You will be enchanted and converted to the (left) way.

11. Necred

Necred Well-Known Member

Quickest way to destroying Constitution is demonize our traditions/culture/insitutions/patriotism, then promise to update Constitution for modern Amercia.

12. HarleyRider

HarleyRider Comic Relief Member

Don't get me started.....

I am a conservative, Christian, Republican, NRA member, VietNam veteran, church deacon, and a Patriot... and I apologize to NO ONE for it. I will live and die according to the principles of the Constitution of The United States of America, and not according to the whims of extremists and liberals who would change it. And I will continue prepping because frankly I don't trust the Government as far as I can spit. They won't do anything unless it helps get them re-elected, even it it screws the people who elected them to office.
    Thanks for letting me voice my personal opinion. :ranton: :usaflag:

13. Necred

Necred Well-Known Member

morris dees is milking the system for the uncle. he supports whatever uncle wants,,just another parasite.

14. idahofreedom

idahofreedom Active Member

This is why it is SO important we teach our children and those around us WHY we have the constitution. All too often we react, quoting it - but what we really need to do is use it as a foundation. Most people have never even read it (including most politicians). The Declaration of Independence is another great document - showing why we even wrote the constitution the way we did.

I believe we have gone so far "down the tubes" because we fail to teach history and have the next generation fully understand what the past was like and why this country was setup the way it was. This was a country that had freedom and cherished freedom - personal comfort is way less important than freedom, but now Americans just seem to want comfort and be taken care of.

Sad.

15. Salekdarling

Salekdarling Member

This is the honest to God truth! I am five years out of high school. We weren't taught to understand our education. We were taught to know what we needed to pass our tests required by the state and then we'd move on to the next subject and repeat. I would actually go through my textbooks on my own and read all of the material we never covered...which was probably 70% of the books. It was ridiculously sad. I pity the students who don't care enough to read on their own.