Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
I sold my soul to The_Blob. He had candy...
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Adjust your Tin Foil Hat before reading this.....:eek:

GypsySue had posted a question about HAARP. I remember seeing a post about it on the open forum. I did a search for it and came up with a few threads so I posted a link to the one with the most info to GypsySue. When I went to see who was online, ALL of the threads I had just been looking at were now being viewed by "Guest" visitors. I figured that was too much of a coincidence that 4 threads I had just been to were being viewed by 4 strangers. Not all of them were current threads. So I went looking and just picked an older post at random (preppers retreat for free or something like that). Lo and behold there was suddenly a "Guest" viewing that thread after I left it.

I have NEVER been a conspiracy theorist, but darn it, this is very ODD!:eek:

Sorry, I know how this must sound, but it kind of creeps me out:ignore::nuts:

I tried it again. I went back to post from 10-09-2008. Homesteaders vs back to landers....you guessed it a "guest' was viewing it.

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
Interesting. I'll join you with your tin-foil hat. :scratch:confused:

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
My Tin Foil Hat ... and windows ;) ... have been in place for more than a while... :D ...

Spooky:ghost:

·
I am a little teapot
2,696 Posts
How do you know if someone is viewing a particular thread? All I seem to be able to find is the xnumber viewing listed at the tops of the various sections...

·
performing monkey
4,230 Posts
How do you know if someone is viewing a particular thread? All I seem to be able to find is the xnumber viewing listed at the tops of the various sections...
you can see who is currently online & then goto their profile & it will tell you what their most recent activity is

·
Scavenger deluxe
6,686 Posts
I get this crap on my forum every time someone posts something with a magic word in it.to save the trouble.all the IP#s drop off in the D.C area.yes,we are being watched.have been since at least 2005.

·
I sold my soul to The_Blob. He had candy...
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
On the menu bar at the top click on the arrow next to "Quick Links", the last option is "Who's on Line". Click on that and it will show you who is on line and what they are doing...viewing thread, replying to thread, searching forum....

Magus....:eek::eek: Great, now I'm scared along with creeped out:gaah::gaah:

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
On the menu bar at the top click on the arrow next to "Quick Links", the last option is "Who's on Line". Click on that and it will show you who is on line and what they are doing...viewing thread, replying to thread, searching forum....

Magus....:eek::eek: Great, now I'm scared along with creeped out:gaah::gaah:
Now you have me creeped out!!!!!!! :eek:

·
YourAdministrator, eh?
8,000 Posts
Actually - scroll to the very bottom of the message - there is an information bar that says who is viewing the message at that very moment .. guests and members alike.

·
The wanderer
4,350 Posts
This is related but not on this forum. It's related in the sense of tracking or being followed.

Last week I popped onto the History Channel website, typed in a title of a show someone recommended, then left the site. I didn't enter any other information other than the title of the show. It didn't ask for my name or any other information.

Today, for the first time ever....I got a "junk/spam" email from the History Channel at my personal email account, wanting me to subscribe to their magazine or newsletter, whatever it was.

I was shocked. Is it coincidence? Holy cow! I never gave them my name OR my email address or anything! :gaah:

·
YourAdministrator, eh?
8,000 Posts
GS - did you have a webmail based email program open at the time where HistoryChannel could have scanned your cookies on your computer? I have my browser automatically delete all history, all cookies, all information upon closing the browser. I also have the browser set to never remember passwords.

What that means is that I have to remember all my passwords for all the sites that I visit and that I have to type-in the password everytime that I visit a regular site. It helps to keep my private-info ... well, keeps it private. Even if someone was to gain access to my computer (at work or home) they could not fake-me-out.

·
The wanderer
4,350 Posts
I use yahoo mail for my email, and it wasn't open at the time. I usually only have one screen up at a time, though sometimes if I need to go back and forth between one or more pages, I'll have more screen sup.

I never let my computer save passwords. They're all in my head (and a piece of paper hidden in my sock drawer! :D ) I would have to guess that my computer or a keystroke logger somewhere on the internet could come up with my passwords.

I don't have anything vital in my email account, but it's creepy to get unsolicited emails from a website I only visited and didn't enter any info on.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts