Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Does anybody know if these will be essential in a purpose built concrete shelter?

I am making my own ventilation system using a centrifugal blower, carbon / HEPA filter box and external blast valves of some kind.

The only thing I'm not sure about is the overpressure valve inside the shelter.

I am having an external blast valve over the air intake to protect the system. There will be a 'hole' in the wall opposite to expel stale air. On the external side of this, there will be another blast valve and on the inside of this would I need an overpressure valve of some kind???

Pumping fresh air into a shelter constantly should create a positive pressure right? So this should force out the stale air right? BUT whilst being positive pressure, it should stop any nasty air from the outside coming in....... right?

Im a little confused.......

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you

All of this definitely makes sense. The structure design will be very similar to how you have described and will be made to (possibly) 3 bar resistance.

I appreciate you taking the time to write all that stuff.

Thanks!!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.