Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
A mom looses custody for leaving a few red marks on her daughter's behind. Judge says, "You don't spank children today." :mad:

Texas Mom Gets Probation, Loses Kids, for Spanking her Daughter - Fox News Latino
They control our kids inside and outside our homes.

I did'nt get many but I grew up getting stripped up by switches and sticks.I used them on my kids too when nothing else worked.Want to get what we called a'beating'lie or steal.

Riding with or watching my 7 grandids all summer long I had a switch in the car and on the porch at all times.Seldom had to use it because they knew I would.

This is not child abuse,its descipline when nothing else works.Child abuse is allowing your kids to grwo up without correction.And of course there is the real abuse where kids are really hurt.

·
Still waiting for the zombies.
1,596 Posts
From the article...

"You don't spank children today," Judge Jose Longoria is quoted as having said. "In the old days, maybe we got spanked, but there was a different quarrel. You don't spank children."

Yeah and in the old days we had kids who mostly behaved and weren't running around in gangs shooting each other. They went to school to learn. I could go on and on...

·
The Future?
2,400 Posts
Spanking sucks!

I spanked by son twice and I felt like shoot! So I discovered the Vulcan Squeeze from Star Trek, I could talk to my son quitly about his actions while giving him the Vulcan Squeeze and know one new! Except my son it brought tears and fears and stopped his acting up immediately. Currently he is 22 and an E4 in the USCG and happily married!

·
Registered
113 Posts
You can spank em here :)

Yeah, "You dont spank children" Cause look at how much better the kids are today without spankings as opposed to those that were spanked back in the day :rolleyes:

·
Aesops Ant (not Aunt)
1,499 Posts
I spanked by son twice and I felt like shoot! So I discovered the Vulcan Squeeze from Star Trek, I could talk to my son quitly about his actions while giving him the Vulcan Squeeze and know one new! Except my son it brought tears and fears and stopped his acting up immediately. Currently he is 22 and an E4 in the USCG and happily married!
Are you serious or is this a joke? What is the 'vulcan squeeze'? :dunno:

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
You can spank em here :)

Yeah, "You dont spank children" Cause look at how much better the kids are today without spankings as opposed to those that were spanked back in the day :rolleyes:
Yep and it would be even easier to get to their skin with those baggy butt showing pants they wear now.

Seeing one in those pants I may not be able to stop for 5 minutes!

:mad:

Don't-you-ever-ever-do-that-again-'a stripe with every word'.

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
A mom looses custody for leaving a few red marks on her daughter's behind. Judge says, "You don't spank children today." :mad:

Texas Mom Gets Probation, Loses Kids, for Spanking her Daughter - Fox News Latino
And a large part of the problems with the kids today ... I worked with the fire instuctor in our firefighter program in our local schools. Early on in the program, I was told by a student they could pretty well, put me in jail. How ... well all she had to do was say I touched her in "A BAD" way. Would she have done it. "Yelp" She would have. (they know how to work the system)

After a talk with my boss, we made sure no one was alone with her or another girl. (her best friend)

Should we beat our kids ... NO ... but a spanking to change a habit, IMO... yes.

My grandbaby is a different child here at my house. She knows she has rules to follow and she does follow them. Have I ever gave her a spanking. No but I have told her I will if she is bad.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I really get irritated when I hear over-educated, head-up-the-arse, liberal, commie, new-age goof balls (dang! I ran out of adjectives :)) say, "Spanking only encourages violence".

Just as drinking a beer is not that same as getting drunk, spanking (if done rarely, for the right reason and the right way) is not the same as beating or abusing. When you absolutely, positively have to get a kid's respect and attention, a properly administered spanking can quite literally be a lifesaver.

·
Supporting Member
1,669 Posts
And a large part of the problems with the kids today ... I worked with the fire instuctor in our firefighter program in our local schools. Early on in the program, I was told by a student they could pretty well, put me in jail. How ... well all she had to do was say I touched her in "A BAD" way. Would she have done it. "Yelp" She would have. (they know how to work the system)

After a talk with my boss, we made sure no one was alone with her or another girl. (her best friend)

Should we beat our kids ... NO ... but a spanking to change a habit, IMO... yes.

My grandbaby is a different child here at my house. She knows she has rules to follow and she does follow them. Have I ever gave her a spanking. No but I have told her I will if she is bad.
also my grandkids are different at my house, because I don't feel guilty about not being home with them as todays parents do. I gave my kids chores to do for being a part of a family and lots of love....but, just because I worked full time did NOT mean that I owed them or that they were abused emotionally. I knew it, they knew it, but todays parents feel they have to appease and owe their kids because they have to work, so they let them run wild.........heaven help us.......

·
performing monkey
4,230 Posts
kids today are government sanctioned PIMPS...

I don't mean peddling flesh (but some actually do :eek: ), I mean with emotional terrorism ie withholding affection/love until they get bribed by absentee parents that feel guilty with some material possession that acts as a substitute for love.

it starts small "stop crying & you can have that ____________ when we get out of the store"

these attitudes are reinforced by the public education system (not necessarily individual teachers) as correct as they are entitled

you're smarter than your parents
Al Gore (not the exact quote)

·
Still waiting for the zombies.
1,596 Posts
these attitudes are reinforced by the public education system (not necessarily individual teachers) as correct as they are entitled
You trying to say.... "Everyone is a winner and gets a trophy!" ?

;)

·
Banned
3,707 Posts

I know a teacher who was at a performance at another school one evening. In front of her was a boy that she didn't know had lots of issues. He was loud and obnoxious and she asked him to be quiet. The scene he caused resulted in the police being called (on her), the school district being notified, and she resigned as a teacher. He lied and lied about what happened. Evidently it wasn't his first rodeo, but he was a juvenile and she was an adult. He was out to make her life miserable.

It is important to be careful around children, and you can imagine that not all children who end up with red marks were just out of line and the parents were just punishing them. Sometimes it does cross the line. Actually, people do not even have to touch a child to cross the line.

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
Very few of us have principles and morals.Including those who have been raising our young for past couple generations.

The indoctrinators have turned our kids against us.

My nephew was told by his kid in no uncertain terms,that if he put a hand on her she would turn him over to the police.They rule the roost or the SS comes to take them away and you to jail.

Piss one of them off real bad and they will lie .

My 14 yr.old granddaughter threatened me 5 years ago with the cops.They will put marks on themselves and say you did it.

All of this over a cell phone argument between her and another one.

·
Banned
399 Posts
I can tell you how a friend of mine handled his son who did call the cops on him.
His son had just turned 18 years old. He had been given everything all his life and saw no reason to change just because he was 18. He had quit school and was just having a good time staying at home.
His father asked him to mow the lawn one day. When he got home from work the lawn was not mowed and the kid was playing video games. Again the next morning he told the kid to mow the lawn. When he returned home after work the lawn looked the same as the day before and so did the kid. The third day he told the kid to have the lawn mowed by the time he got home.
Again nothing changed much in the looks of the lawn or the action of his son.
When he had finished his work, after dark, he told his son to grab a flashlight and come with him. He took him out to the lawn mower and explained he could not come inside the house until he had mowed the lawn. It worked, his son mowed the lawn.
The rest of the story. The next day my friend got a visit from the police at his work place. His son had called the police and said his father had abused him by making him mow the lawn by flashlight. It took quite a bit of explaining but my friend was allowed to go home. When he got home he asked his wife to make him 2 large sandwiches and put them in a sack. He gave his son the sack with the sandwiches and told him to come with him. He took him to the nearby interstate and let him out, wished him luck, and sent him on his way.
It took several years before his son realized his father did love him and wanted the best for him.

·
Aesops Ant (not Aunt)
1,499 Posts
I can tell you how a friend of mine handled his son who did call the cops on him.
His son had just turned 18 years old. He had been given everything all his life and saw no reason to change just because he was 18. He had quit school and was just having a good time staying at home.
His father asked him to mow the lawn one day. When he got home from work the lawn was not mowed and the kid was playing video games. Again the next morning he told the kid to mow the lawn. When he returned home after work the lawn looked the same as the day before and so did the kid. The third day he told the kid to have the lawn mowed by the time he got home.
Again nothing changed much in the looks of the lawn or the action of his son.
When he had finished his work, after dark, he told his son to grab a flashlight and come with him. He took him out to the lawn mower and explained he could not come inside the house until he had mowed the lawn. It worked, his son mowed the lawn.
The rest of the story. The next day my friend got a visit from the police at his work place. His son had called the police and said his father had abused him by making him mow the lawn by flashlight. It took quite a bit of explaining but my friend was allowed to go home. When he got home he asked his wife to make him 2 large sandwiches and put them in a sack. He gave his son the sack with the sandwiches and told him to come with him. He took him to the nearby interstate and let him out, wished him luck, and sent him on his way.
It took several years before his son realized his father did love him and wanted the best for him.
And the moral of your story: teach your kids honor, respect, and discipline -- teach them when they are young (im talking months old -- in a way that makes sense) and teach them often. Then you arent the parent kicking your kid out of the house you are the parent that is actually sad to see them go but knows they can take care of themselves because you taught them well. You will be the one wanting to go visit them... and it will be at their home not in prison. They will appreciate you for this some day -- probably not during but definitely after.

Thanks Mom and Dad! :wave:

·
YourAdministrator, eh?
8,000 Posts
Is it really the government's over-reach or is it the courts over-reach.

Just imagine the job-security that the judge has having that kid come back into his court room in a few years for BnE and weapons charges - then look the parent in the eye and ask what that parent did wrong that their child is spending so much time in the courts and in jails ...

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Is it really the government's over-reach or is it the courts over-reach.

Just imagine the job-security that the judge has having that kid come back into his court room in a few years for BnE and weapons charges - then look the parent in the eye and ask what that parent did wrong that their child is spending so much time in the courts and in jails ...
Good point, but "the courts" is one of the three branches of government here. They rule us.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts