Our intro

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by tsrwivey, Jan 2, 2011.

1. tsrwivey

tsrwivey Supporting Member

Hello all! So happy to find this site! We've been prepping for a year now & can't imagine why we didn't start sooner. :scratch We have 2 homeschooled teen daughters, I'm a nurse & dh has a construction company. We live in E TX, in the country but not far from the city. This year we plan to focus on gardening, the first year we had a garden it did wonderful but this year was a flop. :confused: Look forward to "meeting" all of you!

2. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

:welcome: Share what you know. Ask what you don't. :wave:

3. bunkerbob

bunkerbob Supporting Member

WELCOME, :welcome:tsrwivey from a long time preparer. Look forward to your replies and posts.

4. goshengirl

goshengirl Supporting Member

Welcome from a fellow homeschooler! I know exactly what you mean about wondering why we didn't start prepping sooner. ;) One day at a time... just take it one day at a time. :)

5. mosquitomountainman

mosquitomountainman I invented the internet. :rofl:

Welcome. Gardens do that to you now and then.

6. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

Hello & Welcome! :wave:

7. mdprepper

mdprepper I sold my soul to The_Blob. He had candy...

:welcome: to the forums!

8. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

Welcome to the forum! Glad to have you with us!

:)

9. Sonnyjim

Sonnyjim Prepping

Welcome to the site, look forward to your contributions!

10. HozayBuck

HozayBuck Well-Known Member

Howdy and welcome !!.. this past year our garden was kind of ok.. the year before we couldn't keep enough water on it... but this year we will be living on the new homestead and hopefully it will make a difference!

As for getting started...your way ahead of the ones who ain't started!...:2thumb:

11. tsrwivey

Thanks for the welcome ya'll! :)

Dh finally finished installing the new woodburning fireplace insert & he built a fire in it last night. He installed the gas stove a couple weeks ago so we don't have to have electric to cook (we have a 500 gallon propane tank). Last week he finished building an extra food closet so now I've been able to start getting things organized. Things are starting to come together! :beercheer:

12. carolexan

carolexan Junior Member

So happy to welcome you neighbors. Sure sounds like you are on the right track. Like that your family is so pro-active in prepping. Living in Tornado alley it gives you peace of mind to be preparded for natural disaters or whatever may come your way. Always glad to answer questions if you need help.

13. sailaway

sailaway Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard!:wave: Sail

14. Jason

Jason I am a little teapot

Welcome to the group!!!

15. TechAdmin

TechAdmin Administrator Staff Member

Welcome form another prepper in Texas!

16. PamsPride

PamsPride edirPsmaP

Sounds like you have been busy! I love having a wood burning stove! I am sure you will enjoy yours!

17. tsrwivey

Hubby works construction so this time a year is slow. That equals more honey-do's done for me!:2thumb: