One small item to be included in your prep.

Discussion in 'General Preparedness Discussion' started by Ponce, Dec 9, 2010.

1. Ponce

Ponce Well-Known Member

A few sticks of hot glue........good to repair tents, shoes, jackets and just about anything else that you can think to use it on.......I am now wearing a pair of shower shoes, from the $ store, that came apart the second day that I use them and I put them back together with hot glue......after two weeks they are still in one piece.

2. Clarice

Clarice Well-Known Member

How would you melt this without electricty? I really never thought about it before, and I use hot glue for a lot of things. Maybe you could put a stick in a can over a fire?

3. lexsurivor

lexsurivor Well-Known Member

I personally hardly ever use the glue gun when using hot glue. I just hold the end over a flame and use the stick like a pen to glue the area where you want. And it doesn't make as much of a mess.

4. Ponce

Ponce Well-Known Member

You can use a stick, lighter, candle or anything that gets hot......excelent for tent repairs.

5. mosquitomountainman

mosquitomountainman I invented the internet. :rofl:

They're great for a BOB. I keep a stick in my survival pack too.

6. tiedami

tiedami Well-Known Member

I always have a few tubes of super glue or gorilla glue in my bob ...comes in handy i even used to carry a tube with me in my LCE when i was in the Army i must have found about a billion and 1 uses for it. Great Idea!