Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Listening to radio last night and the guest was talking about a plant in or near Omaha that could be as dangerous as Japans meltdown.Something about floods.They have now stopped all flyovers within a 2 mile radious of the plant.

Check into if you live near there or take extra precautions just in case.

Home - Coast to Coast AM

·
Registered
10 Posts
I live in northwest Omaha. This story has not been big here. I actually just read about it on a Nebraska football forum this morning. Have to say though - more than a little concerned about what I read.

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I live in northwest Omaha. This story has not been big here. I actually just read about it on a Nebraska football forum this morning. Have to say though - more than a little concerned about what I read.
I was half asleep as usual when I listen to late night radio,but it did sound like people should take extra precautions.

Something about if it was flooded'like Japans'they may not be able to heat it because no power.

First time they ever had a no flyover in force from what I heard.

According to wind direction it could affect others.

This day and time its always something.

·
Good ole country folk
421 Posts
It appears that there is a lot of confusion about the "alert" levels about this incident.

Nuclear incidents carry the following classifications:

Notification of Unusual Event
A small problem has occurred at the plant. No radiation leak is expected. No action on your part will be necessary.

Alert
A small problem has occurred, and small amounts of radiation could leak inside the plant. This will not affect you and no action is required.

Site Area Emergency
Area sirens may be sounded. Listen to your radio or television for safety information.

General Emergency
Radiation could leak outside the plant and off the plant site. The sirens will sound. Tune to your local radio or television station for reports. Be prepared to follow instructions promptly.

From what I can gather, this incident, so far, have been classified as a level 4 notification of unusual event.

Not sure why the FAA issued the NOTAM on the 2 mile airspace.

Here is the latest information I have been able to find.

Chances are local media have been briefed to not alarm the public by reporting speculative information.

Time will tell.

Are you prepared just in case?

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It appears that there is a lot of confusion about the "alert" levels about this incident.

Nuclear incidents carry the following classifications:

Notification of Unusual Event
A small problem has occurred at the plant. No radiation leak is expected. No action on your part will be necessary.

Alert
A small problem has occurred, and small amounts of radiation could leak inside the plant. This will not affect you and no action is required.

Site Area Emergency
Area sirens may be sounded. Listen to your radio or television for safety information.

General Emergency
Radiation could leak outside the plant and off the plant site. The sirens will sound. Tune to your local radio or television station for reports. Be prepared to follow instructions promptly.

From what I can gather, this incident, so far, have been classified as a level 4 notification of unusual event.

Not sure why the FAA issued the NOTAM on the 2 mile airspace.

Here is the latest information I have been able to find.

Chances are local media have been briefed to not alarm the public by reporting speculative information.

Time will tell.

Are you prepared just in case?
I think anyone in the area should do whatever they can 'just in cae'like we do for everything now.:eek:

Japan said theirs was safe too and look what happened to them.

Weather now is wrecking havoc on most of us in one way or the other.

We have fires that could jeopardize our nuke plantrs too,but all you hear on the local radio is about Wieners weiner or politics.

Here in Florida we have had hundreds of thousands of acres burned up and the radio NEVER mentions it,even the one in the country where the largest fire is going on.:confused:

·
Registered
633 Posts
Exactly. All you hear on radio and tv is nonsense. Like Boehner criticizing Wiener. I had a good laugh over that. But I get my news from a dozen or so sources online and make my own opinions and decisions by that. My opinion is yes, something bad is happening to that nuclear facility.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Exactly. All you hear on radio and tv is nonsense. Like Boehner criticizing Wiener. I had a good laugh over that. But I get my news from a dozen or so sources online and make my own opinions and decisions by that. My opinion is yes, something bad is happening to that nuclear facility.
I have read from many sources, online of course, that there is a media blackout on this subject---does that bother any here like it does me??
Geeze!
And with info still coming to light just how bad Japan was and is, are we surprised??

I don't watch tv, and get the latest here every day ...
http://www.t-room.us/

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have read from many sources, online of course, that there is a media blackout on this subject---does that bother any here like it does me??
Geeze!
And with info still coming to light just how bad Japan was and is, are we surprised??

I don't watch tv, and get the latest here every day ...
T-Room
Yall be careful.Think about a room that has the less windows.And what you can stash around the windows and doors.Then make a little lean to shelter of as much padding as you can grab in a hurry.Keep food water near.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts