Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
AK4FU
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my grand father’s old Sailor brand radio gear from his old sail boat it is two piece system transmitter and receiver they are heavy green metal cases, I know it’s some kind of ham rig as my grandfather sailed his 52 foot boat around the world and my father would stay in touch with him, I can remember what a big deal it was to be able to talk to him in the south pacific. Does anyone know anything about this gear it still works I need to know if it’s worth hanging on to.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a buddy who is or was a communications expert in desert storm he says that ham radio's are the only devices that will not fail if we are ever attacked with a EMP bomb, so . . . i guess if it was me I would make sure your radio works and by God keep it for your future or your kids if you have any.

oral,

·
AK4FU
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are right about that they are tube sets I have lots of extra tubes and have added a 1KW amplifier that will get the signal out. I have joined a ham club and I am working on getting licensed.

·
Jack of all trades?
8,397 Posts
I have my grand father's old Sailor brand radio gear from his old sail boat it is two piece system transmitter and receiver they are heavy green metal cases, .
I envy you.

·
AK4FU
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
call sign KK4CZT

Passed my Technician license test and got my call sign KK4CZT that was the last phase of my preps I was lacking in the coms department, that has now been corrected, good to go.

·
AK4FU
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks to all.

·
AK4FU
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just an update I pass my General exam.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts