OK....who's dumpin' all the snow on Missouri!!??

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by iouJC, Jan 21, 2011.

1. iouJC

iouJC MAGIC Bullet

I know, I know, it may not seem like much to you Northern birds, but it's a LOT for here!! And it's suppossed to snow 5 out of the next 7 days in addition to what's already on the ground!! :(

2. carlnet

carlnet carl.net

I wish I was there. I have not been to MO in over a year and I miss my farm! It is exceptionaly beautiful when it snows.

3. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

Why should the rest of us have all the fun and leave you out? :D

4. BoyScoutSurvivor

BoyScoutSurvivor Active Member

WI has got more than its fair share of snow over the years. We are just sharing our wealth of snow to those who are less fortunate and don't have as much.

5. iouJC

iouJC MAGIC Bullet

Uncle Joe....well you didn't mind hogging up all the rain this past summer and letting us have 'nary a drop, but you want to SHARE the SNOW.....that doesn't sound quite FAIR to me!!!

Boy SS.....please don't be eager to share with us ANYMORE!!!!

Hey CARL....feel free to come on up and visist!! You can help shovel my driveway....it's only about 75 feet long!!! What region of Missouri is your farm in. Not specific, just general...if you don't mind?? I know the hill country, where I am, is AWESOMELY gorgeous with the snow on all the trees. I was looking at it this AM on the way to work and just had to tell God what a beautiful world He had made!!

6. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

Wasn't me. We didn't have squat for rain last summer. My 500 gal. of collected rainwater was gone by mid July. Must be thinking of '09 when half the garden rotted in the ground before it even germinated.

7. carlnet

carlnet carl.net

Near Fort Lost in the Woods... Grin.

And I never did understand shoveling the snow. Just drive over it and in a week it will be gone.

8. iouJC

iouJC MAGIC Bullet

OOOH! That IS a beautiful area!!! I can understand why you would miss it!!

I see we have a similar philosophy!! THAT is why I bought a 4 wheel drive pick-em-up truck!! Only issue I ever have is if the bridge (private bridge on the property) gets iced...THAT has caused some interesting adventures!! The ditch coming onto my property is about 7 feet deep and although the bridge is about 14 feet wide, sliding around on that and looking over the edge can cause some serious heartbeats!!