Prepared Society Forum banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Banned
595 Posts
Unfortunately the people of NY are only upset enough to not comply, but that is only resulting in them getting picked off and arrested for Safe At violations one at a time. They need to all stand up at once and say NO, but my guess is they don't have the numbers. That is why the population of NY (and Chicago) is on the decline and the population of Texas is on the rise.
Many New York LE organizations have refused to enforce the SAFE Act which is heartwarming. While there have been some arrests over SAFE Act violations, there haven't been a great number.

New York is a very business-unfriendly state and most of the population drain is due to bad job prospects here and good prospects elsewhere, including Texas. The funny thing is most New Yorkers outside the New York City area would get along pretty well with most Texans; this is a red state apart from that anchor we call NYC.

·
Banned
595 Posts
So you have to ask yourself why are they wanting to ban some fire arms and accessories? Not sure if the 2A applies here as much as command and control over the populace. No guns, no hi-cap mags no reason to fear the public. As far as the bump fire to each his own I suppose. If the police can use fully automatic weapons then why cant we? I guess if the police has the weaponry and they control the police (in theory) then the politicians are safe from John Q. Public. just my .02
You nailed it soundly. A study out of the University of Hawaii (not a bastion of conservative thought) showed that democide - the deliberate murder of citizens by their own governments - over the last 125 years or so account for the slaughter of more than 200 million men, women and children. These actions took place all over the world - across cultures, time and languages - but they all had one thing in common: their governments had first disarmed them in the name of safety and for their own good.

I don't own, use or want a bump-fire device; precision wins over the number of rounds spent, IMO. But demanding this be banned is just another effort to step on our rights, and it will be used as a stepping-stone to ban other things. So while I don't own one or intend to get one, I sure as hell demand the rights of my fellow citizen who DOES like to use one be defended.

·
I sold my soul to the internet
2,121 Posts
James Clyburn will die in office of old age. He has more AA voters than anyone in the state of S.C. backing him.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts