Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone interested in getting together for a "munch and mingle" to discuss and share within say... 50 miles of Cleveland? Coffee, beer, lunch dinner... what ever people are interested in..

I figure it's a chance to work on building local relationships and learning from one another if people are interested.

Ja

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How far is Buffalo from you? I have a group of 10 or so there that wants to alternate from meeting near Niagra Falls and Celveland every other month.

·
performing monkey
4,230 Posts
where in Cleveland do you meet?... cuz I'm really NOT a big fan of the city

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We don't have an official location in the area and open to suggestions. We have 4 people here and about 10 in Buffalo NY. At this point we are looking to see what there is in the way of interest locally and then based upon where people live we can rotate meeting locations. Personally, I'm not a fan of the city at all.... How about Kalahari's Bar? ;-) hahaha... serisouly... anywhere in the area is cool.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Kalahari's Bar sounds good to me, it is only 5 miles away. We have Boy Scout out door activity Prep meetings there. How about meeting at a sporting goods store or an establishment beside one. We can then go look at supplies. Other good spots would be an Army Navy Store, or a Sams Club. :cool:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Excellent Idea Sail!!.. Ok.. so maybe meeting at a restuarant or coffee shop.. then based upon discussions and check lists we hit up the stores! I think that would draw more people that are serious and help get them into action. I've been to a surplus store in Berea and it's seriously lacking. So if you know of a sams and a good surplus or sporting goods store in close proximity to each other... or we can make them separate meeting.. LETS DO IT.

I'm assuming weekends are best for free time? I would love to set up a couple of dates and start informing others as to where we're going to meet and when. I'm very new to the area so let me know what works for location lets make this happen.

Oh, Before I forget, I was told to take a look at, I think it's called, "Leihmans" or something like that. Amish off the grid living supplies and what not. If someone has been there let me know other wise I'll make a trip and see if that could be another meeting locations and shopping destination.

I'm also thinking.. If we can get a good sized group together and are looking to make purchases, perhaps a group discount could be in order at some of these locations?

·
I am a little teapot
2,696 Posts
I live too far away to make the trip but my family has vacationed in Ohio's Amish country several times and we always stop at Lehman's when we are out that way. I think their website is simply Lehman's.com or you can google it to check them out before you go. It's a cool place-they sell some crazy stuff (modern fridges and stoves that look like old wood fired cookstoves) but then they also sell the wood fired cookstoves. They have all kinds of good quality supplies and books.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Lehmans is in Kidron, Oh. off US30, just south of Dalton, Oh. and just north of SR250 west of Mount Eaton. If you go on Thursdays, I believe they have the Flea Market going. Lots of cool stuff, but some is pricey. Flea Market may be Wednesday, not sure. Lehmans is well worth the visit. Also check out the grocery store and chicken processing plant just south of Lehmans, good eats and an opportunity to mix with the locals a little bit.:cool: If you want to clear your sinuses, try a Blenheims Gingerale from the grocery store.:cry: good stuff!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Depending on the date, I am interested. I'm an hour from Cleveland, about an hour from Lehmans, an hour from Sandusky.... you get the picture.

As for Lehmans, you really need to have about all day to go through the store. It just has way too much stuff. They have a lunch counter so you can regain your strength as you shop. The BEST hot chocolate in Ohio can be had is in Apple Creek. We discovered it on the way to and from a Survival School. Just the thing we needed after a long cold day.

·
performing monkey
4,230 Posts
The BEST hot chocolate in Ohio can be had is in Apple Creek. We discovered it on the way to and from a Survival School. Just the thing we needed after a long cold day.
hopefully NOT too close to the sanitorium... :eek: :D ;) jk

yeah, Lehman's IS an all-day event if you've never been... especially on flea market day

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
**********Revised posting-Date Change*******

How does Sept 12th or 13th lunch meeting work for people?

Location to be determined depending on where we will explore, "shop", after lunch. Still looking for good ideas. I like the sound of Lehman's but dont want to drag people down there for a ful day... unless you're a glutton for punishment ;-)

**********I was recently informed that the prior date in Aug was a conflict for a few due to it being the last weekend before back to school so we'd like to push it out in order to get more people in attendance.**********

·
I am a little teapot
2,696 Posts
Just another idea, speaking of flea markets... Rodgers, Ohio isn't too far from there. THAT'S a cool flea market.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts