Oh no! Here Come the family!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by family, Mar 25, 2011.

1. family

family New Member

Hi Everybody, I'm new here; I just found this site and have enjoyed reading (especially the introduction threads).

You put a smile on my face---and it was cool to see AFTER i gave myself the user-name of "family," that your automatic-post-sent-to-me stated Prepared Society is like a family. :wave:

I look forward to learning tons and hopefully can contribute a few tips and ideas too.

:flower:

2. IrritatedWithUS

IrritatedWithUS Well-Known Member

:welcome:
    Welcome Oregonian,

Signed,
    The Washingtonian :)

3. mdprepper

mdprepper I sold my soul to The_Blob. He had candy...

:welcome: to the forums!

4. bunkerbob

bunkerbob Supporting Member

Welcome:welcome: family from a long time preparer. Look forward to your replies and posts.

5. BadgeBunny

BadgeBunny Well-Known Member

6. Salekdarling

Salekdarling Member

Welcome friend! Enjoy your stay! Everyone here is very pleasant but will give you a stern talking to if you need it. Trust me on that!:D

7. CulexPipiens

CulexPipiens Still waiting for the zombies.

Welcome family!

@ Salek... I didn't think it was that stern... just a friendly kick in the right place! :) I've gotten a few of those in my life and in hind sight were just what I needed.

8. family

family New Member

Hi Everyone, thanks for welcoming me here. See you on the forum. (Hmmm, can't find the emoticons......humm, gotta figure this place out!)

9. 101airborne

101airborne Well-Known Member

:welcome:good to meet you.

10. ajsmith

ajsmith Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum :wave:
    I live about an hour and a half south of ya. One good thing about our area is we don't have to worry about running out of water...lol. You have the Columbia and I have the Deschutes. Anyway, who knows maybe we'll run into each other some time :dunno:

11. MrSfstk8d

MrSfstk8d Well-Known Member

Hi, welcome. Enjoy!

12. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

Welcome to the forum and to the family, family! Glad to have you with us.

We sure are like a family here. Some of us even misbehave from time to time! :gaah:

:D

13. family

family New Member

Hi ajsmith, I appreciate yours and Everyone else's welcome! Wow! What a nice forum!

But hey, I was just researching water purification systems online and so I'd like to comment about the water that you mentioned we have available.

I've got a limited amount to invest in water purification, so I am wondering what the best survival water purification system is. Have you got any ideas? I took a quick view of the threads about water and when I get more time, I'll read further, but if you (or anyone) can direct me to some information, I sure would appreciate it. I found a camper's system called Katadyn Pocket Microfilter. Ever heard of it? What do you think of it?

Okay, I'm more than ready to venture into the forum, and thanks again ajsmith and Everybody, for welcoming me here.

family*:) :flower:

14. HarleyRider

HarleyRider Comic Relief Member

Welcome to the family, Family! :welcome:

15. CulexPipiens

CulexPipiens Still waiting for the zombies.

Keep in mind, the ongoing filter costs and how much the filter(s) can handle. A higher up front cost for a system that ends up with a much lower per gallon cost for the filters will be cheaper in the long run. Just calculate your cost per gallon and run that against different scenarios of usage to see what long terms costs might come out to.