Obama to go to Brazil

Discussion in 'International Current News & Events' started by Clarice, Mar 17, 2011.

1. Clarice

Clarice Well-Known Member

The world is going to hell in a hand basket. Japan and the Middle East in terrible turmoil, our national government has till April 8 to get their act together on a budget. So what does our great leader do???? Another "vacation" this time to Brazil.

2. The_Blob

The_Blob performing monkey

going to watch the Olympic Village where all the athletes will get STABBED in The Murder Capitol of the WORLD?!!?!?

3. goshengirl

goshengirl Supporting Member

Didn't someone dance while Rome was burning..... ???

4. MrSfstk8d

MrSfstk8d Well-Known Member

Yes, Nero. And according to popular belief played the violin. Hence the adage "Nero fiddled while Rome burned."

That's why the popular ROM burning program is named Nero, ha ha, a pun.

AND, years ago on The Muppet Show, Gonzo played his when George Burns was guest hosting. "Gonzo Fiddles while George Burns!"

I love obscure literary allusions. It's fun!

5. goshengirl

goshengirl Supporting Member

Yeah, I should have used the sarcasm font. ;)

I had no idea about the ROM program - that's too funny! :)

Seriously though, when is the media going to do their job and start covering the fact that the president is going on yet ANOTHER vacation? It honestly does make me think of many times in history when a leader (so-called) has partied while real people's lives were suffering due to the leader's lack of leadership. The country is going to hell in a handbasket, and our president is living the extravagant life as if nothing is wrong...

6. Bigdog57

Bigdog57 Adventurer at large

Typical for The Illegal Resident..... when the going gets tough, he goes somewhere for fun........ :nuts:
    It's really rough when we are saddled with a man warming his backside in the POTUS chair who will NOT take responsibility and do his JOB. He RULES, he does not LEAD. :mad:

7. Clarice

Clarice Well-Known Member

Update guys.......Obama has a trip to Ireland planned for May. Guess he is trying to get all the free vacations in before election time.

8. GreyWolf

GreyWolf Well-Known Member

Wonder how many billions the U.S. could save if funding for Air Force One was cut? By the time he gets through wearing the ting out it will qualify for the "Cash For Clunkers" program.

9. IrritatedWithUS

IrritatedWithUS Well-Known Member

I lost count early last year after 8 vacations. What a &@$!in' idiot!

10. Bigdog57

Bigdog57 Adventurer at large

What if Airfarce One were to return early, without The Illegal Kenyan? Be great if he had to take a scheduled airline. :D

Be better if we could leave him over there....... :cool:

11. Asatrur

Asatrur Well-Known Member