Obama on a dollar bill?

Discussion in 'International Current News & Events' started by gypsysue, Sep 18, 2010.

1. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

This is disgusting!

Amazing New Designs For The Dollar Bill (PHOTOS) - Yahoo! News

At least the comments below the story were interesting to read.
    You'd think our governement would have more to worry about than changing the way our dollars LOOk!
    Like trying to actually BACK them with something!

Though there's poetic justice in putting Obama on the one of lowest value...time he's done with our economy, the dollar will will be worthless...like him.

2. ZoomZoom

ZoomZoom Rookie Prepper

Won't happen.

Our currency hasn't had a face change in about 70 years. If there was to be a change, Reagan would be on currency well before Obama.

Legislatively, the change has to pass both houses of Congress. The Treasury Department can't change it on their own.

3. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

Yeah. I'm hoping the article was humor...tongue-in-cheek or something like that. Ugh.

4. BoyScoutSurvivor

BoyScoutSurvivor Active Member

It looks more like the Yen than the US dollar. I doubt it will ever happen.

5. horseman09

horseman09 Well-Known Member

The only thing ObaMao's face should be on should the food stamp emblem and Mao Zadong's memorial brochure.

6. PragmaticWorm

PragmaticWorm Member

Actually, I see the first black president on some sort of currency in my lifetime. Even if he is a complete failure as a president and everyone hates him for ever and regardless of his politics, it's absolutely going to happen. He will always be the first black president of the USA.

7. horseman09

horseman09 Well-Known Member

You are probably right, PM, but just to let you all know, I've never had hemorroid surgery -- but if I ever do, I promise not to put a picture of the excised hemorroids on my avatar.:D and I sincerely hope I never see a pic of ObaMao on a US currency. Both would be equally disgusting.

8. The_Blob

The_Blob performing monkey

I thought Bill Clinton was the first BLACK President?!!?!??!? :lolsmash:

9. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

lol :lolsmash:

:ignore:

10. mosquitomountainman

mosquitomountainman I invented the internet. :rofl:

You're probably right. Sad to think that his legacy won't be for greatness or competence ... only for race. Wasn't it Martin Luther King who said he looked for the day when a man was judged by his accomplishments, not by the color of his skin? We still aren't there.

11. Woody

Woody Woodchuck

I believe the reason we are still not there is not because of us, the general population, but because of the media. We hear that race, religion or sex should not be an issue but what do we hear every day time and time again? First black so-and-so, first Latino woman this-or-that, first openly gay whatever… If that moron down in Florida wanted to burn something so be it, let him have at it. It would have been over and done with and we can all learn the real important news like about the little blonde’s next trip to court.

They push out what they are told to and hype it up to get the public all worked up. They also don’t publish what we are not supposed to know about. Look at the gulf disaster, ever hear on the news that they were sinking all that oil until the last few weeks (AFTER our govt came out and stated that 80% of the oil is GONE?). Nope. We just heard that everyone was employed down there, being paid well by BP, and cleaning up all the oil. We all know it is now safe to swim, live and eat seafood there now.

Without our alternative media (the dastardly terroristic information anti-homeland security threat web) most of what really goes on we would never know about. Why do you think they would even think about trying to have this on/off switch idea? Oh, I almost forgot… We’ve turned the corner and the recovery is well on its way!

12. jungatheart

jungatheart Beginner's Mind

I think I speak for all on this forum when I say thank you.

A couple of things about the new design look good to me: different colors and length for different denominations.

13. Bigdog57

Bigdog57 Adventurer at large

I believe if "bobo the Whitehouse Clown's" mug goes on ANY monetary note, it should be limited to thirteen "Trillion Dollar" notes........

Heaven help us if the Village Idiot learns what comes AFTER a trillion.....! :eek:

Heck, I am just getting used to today's odd-colored Funny Money..... :D

14. bstickler92

bstickler92 Well-Known Member

my understanding is that it is illegal for a living president to be on any currency. can anyone back me up on that?

15. ZoomZoom

ZoomZoom Rookie Prepper

I'll back you up. IIRC, a president must be dead for at least 10 years to be even considered.

16. The_Blob

The_Blob performing monkey

he's pretty young, so THAT's good to know :congrat:

17. Bigdog57

Bigdog57 Adventurer at large

Must be deceased for a minimum of three years to be on a minted currency coin.