Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Good ole country folk
421 Posts
I think you may have posted the wrong link by mistake.

I didn't read anything in the article you posted that suggested that Obama was considering sending Greece any bailout money.

·
803 Posts
Well didn't see him say $$$, but he did say he would offer US help???? What's that?? He's pushing EU to take care of it....

Oh it's gonna get scary before too long, if not now...

Jimmy

·
performing monkey
4,230 Posts
I'll have to find the article, but I remember the Bush admin. offered Greece $$$ when it was much less critical & much less publicized, but there were some strings attached, the most contentious of which was that Greece had to get rid of the "retire at age 45" for govt employees... The Greeks were "outraged" and refused.

·
Just getting started. Always.
1,810 Posts
Retire at 45?
I'll see you guys later, I am moving.

·
performing monkey
4,230 Posts
I don't think the US is offering to help bail out Greece. That is the EU's (Germany's) job. Greece is in a world of hurt.
yeah, and Germany is pretty pissed aboot it (bailing everyone else out) too, considering they are pretty much the ONLY reason the EU has survived this long

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
The US government will do all it can to postpone the inevitable defaults of Greece, Italy, Ireland, Portugal, and Spain. I expect the Federal Reserve to print trillions in bogus dollars to cover their debts. When that happens you can expect a sudden collapse of the dollar.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Sorry, I just saw this thread. Yes, the U.S. DID GIVE GREECE $780 Million dollars

1 - 11 of 11 Posts