Obama offers greece bailout money??????

Discussion in 'Money, Investing & Precious Metals' started by lhalfcent, Jun 8, 2011.

1. lhalfcent

lhalfcent Supporting Member

2. Frugal_Farmers

Frugal_Farmers Good ole country folk

I think you may have posted the wrong link by mistake.

I didn't read anything in the article you posted that suggested that Obama was considering sending Greece any bailout money.

3. Jimmy24

Jimmy24 Member

Well didn't see him say $$$, but he did say he would offer US help???? What's that?? He's pushing EU to take care of it....

Oh it's gonna get scary before too long, if not now...

Jimmy

4. The_Blob

The_Blob performing monkey

I'll have to find the article, but I remember the Bush admin. offered Greece $$$ when it was much less critical & much less publicized, but there were some strings attached, the most contentious of which was that Greece had to get rid of the "retire at age 45" for govt employees... The Greeks were "outraged" and refused.

5. Immolatus

Immolatus Just getting started. Always.

Retire at 45?
    I'll see you guys later, I am moving.

6. theoregonconnection

theoregonconnection Philosopher

I don't think the US is offering to help bail out Greece. That is the EU's (Germany's) job. Greece is in a world of hurt.

7. BillM

BillM BillM

The IMF

The IMF will want money from the Fed

8. The_Blob

The_Blob performing monkey

yeah, and Germany is pretty pissed aboot it (bailing everyone else out) too, considering they are pretty much the ONLY reason the EU has survived this long

9. BillS

BillS Well-Known Member

The US government will do all it can to postpone the inevitable defaults of Greece, Italy, Ireland, Portugal, and Spain. I expect the Federal Reserve to print trillions in bogus dollars to cover their debts. When that happens you can expect a sudden collapse of the dollar.

10. IrritatedWithUS

IrritatedWithUS Well-Known Member

Sorry, I just saw this thread. Yes, the U.S. DID GIVE GREECE $780 Million dollars

11. boomer

boomer Well-Known Member

:confused:
    What??
    Why??
    How??
    :confused: