Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Supporting Member
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
**snip**
We are obviously going through one of the toughest periods in American history. We went through the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression, and immediately after being elected, I had to take a series of very difficult steps to rescue ourselves from the brink. We had lost 4 million jobs in the six months before I was sworn in; lost another 4 million during the period probably six months after I was elected. And so as a consequence, we had to do some things that we didn't expect we would have to do, just to save the economy -- stabilize the financial system, make sure that states and local governments didn't have to lay off police officers and cops and firefighters. We had to save an auto industry. I never expected to be a automobile executive. (Laughter)

As a consequence of that swift, decisive, and sometimes difficult period, we were able to take an economy that was shrinking by about 6 percent and create an economy that is now growing, and has grown steadily now over many consecutive quarters. Over the last 15 months we've created over 2.1 million private sector jobs. (Laughter.)

Remarks by the President at a DNC Event | The White House:sssh:

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
he must be talking about the jobs in foreign nations they created.:confused:With their NAFTA,CAFTA and unlimited immigration here.More jobs in those nations because all their citizens are here now.:mad:

He could be talking about jobs n soup kitchens or homeless shelters?Maybe all the foreign demands for healthcare hiring other foreigners to care for them,because last time I seen a white male American doctor was 20 years ago.

No I'm not being PC to hell with that crap,the truth is the truth like it or not.I don't like cult,militant immigrants or breakign into the nation illegally,so put me on your watch list .Oh thats right I'm already on it!:mad:

·
Still waiting for the zombies.
1,596 Posts
Simple math shows 8 million lost and 2 million created. You're still 75% in the hole. That doesn't even include how many of those 2 million are equivalent jobs and how many are experienced workers taking entry level jobs because they had to.

·
Banned
399 Posts
Simple math shows 8 million lost and 2 million created. You're still 75% in the hole. That doesn't even include how many of those 2 million are equivalent jobs and how many are experienced workers taking entry level jobs because they had to.
Really, anyone reading the first post and believing it would have problems subtracting 2 from 8.

·
Just getting started. Always.
1,810 Posts
I didnt realize it was a gubt mandate to 'create jobs'. Where is that in the Constitution? Thou must create jobs. For $.25/hr.
Oh yeah, and its just soooo funny that the president is making a joke out of the economic situation. Ha ha.
We have noone to blame but ourselves. Obama is the status quo, just like both Bush's, Clinton, etc, etc...

·
Supporting Member
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I didnt realize it was a gubt mandate to 'create jobs'. Where is that in the Constitution? Thou must create jobs. For $.25/hr.
Oh yeah, and its just soooo funny that the president is making a joke out of the economic situation. Ha ha.
We have noone to blame but ourselves. Obama is the status quo, just like both Bush's, Clinton, etc, etc...
I have to agree with you. :gaah:

·
Adventurer at large
541 Posts
DANG! That's a LOT of Mickey Dee's burger flippers and WalMart door greeters....... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
633 Posts
DANG! That's a LOT of Mickey Dee's burger flippers and WalMart door greeters....... :rolleyes:
EXACTLY!! They are all low-waged fast-food and mega-chain stores. They have disposable workers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts