Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Reverend Coot
3,848 Posts
Another nail in freedoms coffin. This guys gotta go!

·
Banned
399 Posts
Don't think much will happen until after the election. Even some democrats will not vote for him if he brings up gun control before then. If he wins another term you will probably see quite a bit of crazy things happen as he won't have anything to loose.

·
The wanderer
4,350 Posts
The article referred a couple times to the Arizona shooting of Representative Guiffords last year, yet none of the things they suggested near the end of the articles would have made a difference. They're tightening the noose but not doing anything to make Americans "safer".

More stupidity.

·
Aesops Ant (not Aunt)
1,499 Posts
Don't think much will happen until after the election. Even some democrats will not vote for him if he brings up gun control before then. If he wins another term you will probably see quite a bit of crazy things happen as he won't have anything to loose.
Spot on! I hope we dont ever see that day.

·
performing monkey
4,230 Posts
since it's going to take at least 5 years for the economy to marshall any true recovery that is going to hurt his chances, unfortunately the changing voter demographic (ie indoctrinated) may actually get him reelected... :mad:

my advice to everybody, be the biggest PEST that you can be to EVERYBODY that you know that doesn't vote & get them to

I guess the freedom to NOT vote is an expression of freedom, but IMO an ultimately self-defeating one

·
Registered
113 Posts
Lets think about the Arizona shooting, democratic hosted even, democrats mainly against guns means nobody could return fire. The pubs would have fired back

·
Happy in the hills
449 Posts
Gun control is coming sooner then most of you believe. Hillary signed a pact or "treaty" with the U.N. and Russia to "disarm" us to the max. After all, you cannot control a country that is armed. Just look at the uk and you will see what I mean.
No she didn't.
Contrary to the widely circulated e-mail, Hillary Clinton has not signed any small arms treaty.
The UN Arms Trade Treaty will be drafted between now and 2012, and even if signed, would not take effect in the U.S. until it was ratified by the Senate.

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
Here in Wisconsin there are limits on how much ammunition you can buy at one time. If you want a lot of it you have to make a number of trips over a period of time and use cash. Preferably use different stores too.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
No she didn't.
Contrary to the widely circulated e-mail, Hillary Clinton has not signed any small arms treaty.
The UN Arms Trade Treaty will be drafted between now and 2012, and even if signed, would not take effect in the U.S. until it was ratified by the Senate.
Okay--I feel better now.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Join the NRA, they will send you great news letters of all the events BEFORE they happen so you can choose to get involved to protect the constitution "Again" The only people threatening our own rights is the people we elected.

Joining the NRA in not ******* or racist. Many people from all religions and ethnic backgrounds have been joining. The NRA doesnt just talk they act and speak their mind. Isnt that what we wanted out of our government??? Im a member at the bottom of the chain. The NRA comes with some very high powered lawyers and many members in legislation, senate and congress. Just not enough of them.

Protect your rights and with the little time we have living our lives we can support this group to stand up for us. I cant fly to washington for every debate against our gun rights but they can.

NRA

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
In my opinion 'like everything I write here' its both of them trying to decide on how to rid themselves of most of us and put the rest of us under complete control.
The repubs say let us keep our guns and when they stir us up against each other we can kill each other off.The dems say 'lets take their guns because they may become dangerous to us too.'

I say guns only protect us from our neighbors and the run of the mill burglers.We are so outnumbered and gunned by the UN and US Military its not even a contest.

·
Aesops Ant (not Aunt)
1,499 Posts
In my opinion 'like everything I write here' its both of them trying to decide on how to rid themselves of most of us and put the rest of us under complete control.
The repubs say let us keep our guns and when they stir us up against each other we can kill each other off.The dems say 'lets take their guns because they may become dangerous to us too.'

I say guns only protect us from our neighbors and the run of the mill burglers.We are so outnumbered and gunned by the UN and US Military its not even a contest.
There are republicans and democrats both that believe and will defend our rights to keep and bear arms -- most that have gone on record to defend those rights do so because they believe in those rights are a necessity to keep men free. I admit there may be a few that do it for political expediency based on their constituency. Guns have and would protect us against our neighbors and our governments. There are obvious times when it would be pure stupidity to bear arms against your government and we have seen the results however we must be ready and willing if the time comes when it is a necessity. To say that "its not even a contest" is making a lot of assumptions. I personally believe the vast majority of the military would not train their guns on Americans if it were actually a necessity for Americans to bear arms against their government. You would probably see a vast number of military siding with the people instead. I think we have a ways to go yet before our military is what we have to worry about however if we give up our guns there 'will be no contest' and no need to use the militarys guns against us.

If you think you are going to bear arms against our military any time soon you probably have your head up your butt... if you believe the military is going to be used en masse any time soon against our citizenry (and believe most military would follow that order) then you already missed your chance to fight back... if you arent ready and willing when/if the time comes to fight back then you are already enslaved and there will be no fight for you to fight. The battle is to keep our arms (and the rights to bear them in public without legal problems) so we never need them -- when we dont have them (or any of the rights to bear them) thats when we will need them and it will be too late (for most).

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
There are republicans and democrats both that believe and will defend our rights to keep and bear arms -- most that have gone on record to defend those rights do so because they believe in those rights are a necessity to keep men free. I admit there may be a few that do it for political expediency based on their constituency. Guns have and would protect us against our neighbors and our governments. There are obvious times when it would be pure stupidity to bear arms against your government and we have seen the results however we must be ready and willing if the time comes when it is a necessity. To say that "its not even a contest" is making a lot of assumptions. I personally believe the vast majority of the military would not train their guns on Americans if it were actually a necessity for Americans to bear arms against their government. You would probably see a vast number of military siding with the people instead. I think we have a ways to go yet before our military is what we have to worry about however if we give up our guns there 'will be no contest' and no need to use the militarys guns against us.

If you think you are going to bear arms against our military any time soon you probably have your head up your butt... if you believe the military is going to be used en masse any time soon against our citizenry (and believe most military would follow that order) then you already missed your chance to fight back... if you arent ready and willing when/if the time comes to fight back then you are already enslaved and there will be no fight for you to fight. The battle is to keep our arms (and the rights to bear them in public without legal problems) so we never need them -- when we dont have them (or any of the rights to bear them) thats when we will need them and it will be too late (for most).
I'm all for our troops and support them but not the illegal wars fight.I'm also a strong 2nd ammendment supporter,so what do yu mean?
I hope your right about our military,but history teaches us different.I know there are those who would join us if it came to all out civil war,but how many?
Maybe you need to watch the video of Waco and see if our own would fiht against us.This is why I think only a peaceful protest would work.

·
Aesops Ant (not Aunt)
1,499 Posts
I'm all for our troops and support them but not the illegal wars fight.I'm also a strong 2nd ammendment supporter,so what do yu mean?
My point was meant to get you to evaluate where you are coming from idealogically and then my last sentence sums up where I stand:
The battle is to keep our arms (and the rights to bear them in public without legal problems) so we never need them -- when we dont have them (or any of the rights to bear them) thats when we will need them and it will be too late (for most).
I hope your right about our military,but history teaches us different.I know there are those who would join us if it came to all out civil war,but how many?
Maybe you need to watch the video of Waco and see if our own would fiht against us.This is why I think only a peaceful protest would work.
I hope I am right about the military too -- the folks Ive known out of the military are all top quality folks -- but I dont know everyone. Waco is a good example of why if you think you are going to fight our military any time soon you are probably insane. Waco was a gross abuse of power but it also was not a large scale action against the American public... it was quite small by the scale I am referring to. If we had the military locking down Atlanta or Dallas or Phoenix and the people were protesting there would likely be folks getting killed but you would probably have a military that was very reluctant to follow orders to shoot unless provoked by violence on the part of the protestors. When the military realizes that it is fighting a large scale action against its own people I think there would be a military coup -- thats what I would expect. We are nowhere close to that yet.

Still, my point is that the battle we fight is one to keep our guns and our rights to bear them. THAT is what keeps us free! Without it, the rest are just an illusion to make us THINK that we are free.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts