Obama Allays Fears Over the Census Program

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by kogneto, Apr 11, 2010.

1. kogneto

kogneto The Skeptic

Last edited: Apr 12, 2010
  2. faithmarie

faithmarie mamoo

Umm .. what is it called when they make fun and light of something that should be a concern but makes fun of the people who are concerned?
    And if you understood my question .... explain it to me. I know whats in my head but have trouble relaying it into words.

It reminds me of 911 and we are attacked by islam and 9 years later we have a islamic president. ....... psychological warfare?

Am I in trouble??

3. Asatrur

Asatrur Well-Known Member

I am not a supporter of Obama, but he is about as islamic as Bush is Pagan or I am christian. Someones religion is not a reason to judge them even if that religion has or does atrocious acts in the name of that religion.

4. faithmarie

faithmarie mamoo

ha ha I knew I would be in trouble with that one.
    He is a muslim or at least that is what he said. Maybe he is as christian as bush is. I would say that. And I wan't judging I was just stating a fact. Besides in the middle east they all believe he is too. Well syria anyway.

5. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

It says the video has been removed. :dunno:
    I guess you miss things when you're not around for a couple days. :rolleyes:

6. faithmarie

faithmarie mamoo

You can go on hulu and search snl and it will come up.

7. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

Thank you faithmarie. :)

8. Bigdog57

Bigdog57 Adventurer at large

FaithMarie - maybe you mean "Punch drunk on power" or something similar. He also exhibits the classic symptoms of extreme narcissism - he literally CANNOT begin to believe that he could be wrong - so he belittles those who in any way oppose him. I know others who do similarly, but none so badly as the magic kenyan.
    I truly expect that eventually the stress and his megalomania will drive him insane (more so than he is now) and he will suffer a total mental breakdown and make it finally necessary for his own people to remove him from power. I pray it happens sooner than later...... :rolleyes:

9. faithmarie

faithmarie mamoo

Bigdog57,
    Hahaha You got that right!! I believe he believes himself the messiah.
    But I fear when he (B Hussein O) is out what they put in the white house next might be worse. At least that is the way it has been going.

10. GreyWolf

GreyWolf Well-Known Member

Bigdog57 you are right, Obama does display the classic symptoms of extreme narcissism. Like you I believe he will suffer a complete and total breakdown at some point of his term in office. I expect the third book he writes about his life to be written in crayon.

11. kogneto

kogneto The Skeptic

I like how the last couple posts sort of drift off into Obama-bashing, you guys are a real piece of work lol :congrat:

12. Bigdog57

Bigdog57 Adventurer at large

He does make it so very easy - performance tells! It's politicos like him and his Homies that keep the Late Night Comics in business......... :D

13. faithmarie

faithmarie mamoo

obama is the comic....
    Sorry for offending you Kogneto, but I also felt the same about bush.
    But I guess we keep getting what we deserve!?

14. kogneto

kogneto The Skeptic

truth be told it's not that I'm offended, I actually find it amusing at times how seemingly ANYTHING we don't like is Obama's fault

what offends me is the complete disregard for facts, reason, logic, or even the ability to listen to someone else. Too often it seems instead of listening to people we disagree with, we're just waiting for them to stop talking so we can just get that one last comment that will, of course, make them completely change their ideas and beliefs.

I'm not singling you out individually faithmarie, I think this is something that has been going on since this country's inception. Why we can't break out of it? Probably because it's easier not to.

15. faithmarie

faithmarie mamoo

Oh I agree .... I have never met or talked to anyone ever that doesn't have there own opinions. And in America we used to call it freedom ... free speech.. and those that do have opinions are called humans. I hope you don't think you are immune ... I don't think I am. I have my opinions like everyone else. The one thing I do want is truth. That is important to me. I want the truth even if I have to change my mind about what is my opinion is. I have also met people who will not change their mind even when they find truth. I find them to be very prideful. Even in my own family. That doesn't mean I don't like them. On the contrary I have the most fun talking with them as long as we stay in good spirits.
    So don't be offended if people are just the same as you and see things differently until you or I or they come to know the truth about something.
    It is so wonderful and I am grateful to have the ability to discuss and disagree with you or anyone else.... until that freedom is taken away.
    I guess I will open another can of worms....for fun. I am grateful al gore invented the internet .... hehehe

16. sailaway

sailaway Well-Known Member

A big fat purple one!:D:gaah:

17. GreyWolf

GreyWolf Well-Known Member

No need to be offended kogneto. What facts, reason or logic are being disregarded and what needs to be heard? I will be the first to admit I don't understand the attraction to the things that are taking place in the government, buess I'm part of that 76% that don't trust the government. I would like to know where the path we are now on will lead us in 5, 10 and 20 years and how that fits into the goals and amibitions of someone who supports them.