Prepared Society Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
YourAdministrator, eh?
8,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It isn't me ... I swear (this time)....

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/police-to-forest-streaker-put-some-clothes-on-1.2191813

Police to forest streaker: 'Put some clothes on'

Hikers near Coquitlam, B.C., are reporting seeing a little too much of nature these days, as police investigate multiple sightings of a naked man strolling through the woods on a popular forest trail.

RCMP Cpl. Jamie Chung says police have received multiple calls about a mysterious man's nude nature walks on the Crystal Falls trail.

"He wears nothing at all," Chung told CTV Vancouver. "Sometimes, not even shoes."

Chung says the man has not threatened anyone else, and police don't suspect the streaking is due to drugs or mental illness. He is often seen casually strolling through the woods.

The in-the-buff backpacker is described as a five-foot-nine white male in his early to mid-20s, with dark hair, a buzz cut, and a slim build.

Public nudity is illegal in most parts of B.C., outside of designated nude beach areas.

Chung says the Crystal Falls trail is a 45-minute hike from Coquitlam, and no one in the town has spotted the streaker outside of the forested area.

One group of hikers told CTV Vancouver they wouldn't be frightened if they saw the streaker on one of his chilly jaunts.

"I guess he wanted to be naked in a nice spot," one hiker said.

"It's pretty cold right now," added another. "Maybe put some clothes on?"

Temperatures in Coquitlam have been hovering around seven degrees Celsius this week. That's balmy for the middle of January, but most people would probably shrink from the idea of a bare-naked hike in those conditions.

Chung says he has only one message for the forest streaker: "Please, put some clothes on, because people are calling us."
Probably another naturist like myself out for a stroll, maybe druid (then it is a religious thing) ... or someone practicing their BuffBugOut (BBO) skills

:2thumb:

·
Jack of all trades?
8,397 Posts

·
Cowboy
3,568 Posts
Wonder how much the 1,801 turned in firearms cost the Taxpayer.

Wonder how one could streak thru the winter weather and keep the boys from freezing off?

·
RockyMountainCanadian
4,288 Posts
the dude is a Canuck 7 c is pretty warm,

In case they report a shaved red head with a muscular build then we suspect Vance,

·
Woodchuck
3,347 Posts
With all the things folks have to worry about, they pick on some guy, a 45 minute hike from anywhere.

I used to get some comments from neighbors. In PA I would tell them the road past the house is 55 MPH, you can only see a very small part of the backyard up the driveway, and even then for just a split second. If you don't like it don't look! Don't slow down and search the yard checking to see if 'he is doing it again."

Same here in NC, one side has a 6 foot solid fence, the other thick Leyland Cypress trees. To 'catch me in the act' they would have to be peeking over the fence or between branches of the trees, waiting for the split second I came across their view. They might have to spend hours or days waiting to see me!!! You don't like it, don't look for it.

One good thing though!! You immediately KNOW this guy is not a terrorist hiding a bomb or weapon on him!!! LOL!

·
RockyMountainCanadian
4,288 Posts
The whole indecent exposure thing is beyond ridiculous anyway, people are born naked last I knew, just another stupid human rule.

·
The Future?
2,400 Posts
No need to see a guy NaeKid!

·
Newbie (in training)
806 Posts
The whole indecent exposure thing is beyond ridiculous anyway, people are born naked last I knew, just another stupid human rule.
I love it when my wife is naked in the woods. On the other hand, I would not like walking in the woods with my 7 year old granddaughter and come across a naked dude.

·
Premium Member
3,583 Posts
Just because I am curious,
and for no other reason....

I searched RCMP Cpl. Jamie Chung
Methinks I am glad to not live there:

http://www.vancouversun.com/Amnesty+scores+bullseye/8670346/story.html
RCMP, PORT MOODY POLICE COLLECT 107 FIREARMS
You DON'T want to live there, but where haven't they had one of those "buy-back" programs by now? :dunno: Most of the time it is just clueless urbanites turning in boring guns, they don't even have to function to get the $$$.

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
No, people are born as infants. They're incapable of almost everything. Normal, non-perverted adults just naturally wear clothing.

·
Banned
687 Posts
No, people are born as infants. They're incapable of almost everything. Normal, non-perverted adults just naturally wear clothing.
So just to clarify ... infants are not people?

Hate to disagree and I am not a naturist by any stretch of the imagination but nudity does not a pervert make, nor do only perverts go naked. Now personally, I prefer seeing most people in their clothing but that's my preference and a societial norm. Clothing protects me from heat and cold and a myriad of other things, but in my natural state I am buck naked. Just to clarify I am a person and not a pervert.

·
Jack of all trades?
8,397 Posts
Hate to disagree and I am not a naturist by any stretch of the imagination but nudity does not a pervert make, nor do only perverts go naked. ... but in my natural state I am buck naked. Just to clarify I am a person and not a pervert.
+1 .. quoted for truth

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I recall several times as I worked on some trail out in the backcountry usually in the Trinity or Klamath National Forest taking a shower under a tree using a outdoor solar shower or hop in a creek.

It's a very good feeling to cool off after a long 10 hour day. I'd find a nice little deep spot in a creek with sun warmed rocks to dry off on..blue sky just overhead because the horizon is lined with tall pine trees. Lazy halks soaring about on unseen waves of lifting air...little birds busy fluttering about. The mules from the mule train taking a break grazing nearby in the high meadow grass if they happen to be around us. Occasionally really big bugs would fly or scamper about making one real conscious of where you sit with a bare behind. Even on a warm summer day, a dip in a mountain creek is refreshing for maybe 10 minutes. About long enough to grab a few hand fulls of sand to scrub off the trail your wearing from the days work and soak sore and busted fingers untill it gets cold. Thats when the party moves to the warm rocks. Its a great sensory expeirence.
Anyways... My crew was a even split of half gals, but our trail boss, mule train workers and parks sponsers were all male. Being gentlemen..we were allotted the best spot in the creek, closest to camp. The sponsers creek area was above us a ways, we could hear and see them from afar but large rocks and nature was enough to keep unaided wandering eyes from being indecent. The guys on our crew were situated downstream around a bend. We learned later that a pair of binoculars amonst the sponsers were a popular item on those spikes...but...we were all hot and young so...eh.

Anyways, I wouldnt hesitate to hop in a high mountain creek after a long day of hiking and get all wrapped up in nature. I would be discreet though..

·
The Future?
2,400 Posts
I camped out in Mammoth Lakes High Country for two summers.. Bathed in the streams.. Never thought nothing of it!

·
Woodchuck
3,347 Posts
I sure am glad to hear those stories! It isn't like most clothing optional folks are going to go downtown and stand on a busy corner in their birthday suit shouting it is their right to be free of clothing! I'm not going to go on my front lawn sans-clothing and trim the bushes either. We understand that folks may have a different view and respect that. We only ask that they respect ours.

As for hopping into a creek after a days hike. I used to hop in as I hiked! Take a layer off at a time as I 'scrubbed' them in the water then wrung them out and hung them on a bush, in the sun. The hot springs in the west were different. You setup the tent, went inside, got naked then ran through the snow to the water! If you got naked by the spring, the snow covered your clothes and you had to carry frozen clothing back to the tent!!!

·
594 Posts
walk on

It's fairly easy to see if someone is just minding their own business or looks like they're off their hinges. If it's a well traveled public trail then trap em and release them in the wild :p

·
Expert in Everything
15 Posts
I'm not going to go on my front lawn sans-clothing and trim the bushes either.
You're right, trimming the bushes is best done in front off a mirror in the bathroom.

just sayin'.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts