Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Follow this link and type in your address. Someone or some group is moving through the country taking street level photo's and publishing the collective works on the web. :eek: And it's panoramic. From a single point, you can see 360° with a touch of the mouse. The GPS system is about 1/4 mile off on our location. When I typed in our address, I was looking at our house, barn, vehicles, garden, EVERYTHING! All at street level. I know it's less than a year old because DS's car is in the driveway and he just bought it last Sept.

vPike.com - Take a Trip on the Virtual Turnpike - Visit Places - Virtual Tourist and More

·
Registered
52 Posts
Well, I don't want to scare you even more, but Google does this too for a while. Big Brother is watching!

There is a space museum in a town called Laval. There you can see pictures taken by satellites in the 1970's. There is one where you clearly see a squirrel walking in a park. If they saw that in the 70's, I'm sure by now they can watch my fishes swimming in their aquarium today. :eek:

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
Follow this link and type in your address. Someone or some group is moving through the country taking street level photo's and publishing the collective works on the web. :eek: And it's panoramic. From a single point, you can see 360° with a touch of the mouse. The GPS system is about 1/4 mile off on our location. When I typed in our address, I was looking at our house, barn, vehicles, garden, EVERYTHING! All at street level. I know it's less than a year old because DS's car is in the driveway and he just bought it last Sept.

vPike.com - Take a Trip on the Virtual Turnpike - Visit Places - Virtual Tourist and More
I was on vacation in Portland, Oregon visting an old friend about three years ago when the Google vehicle drove thru their neighborhood recording the area. Not much to look at just a lot of cameras on the roof pointing every which way and of course large Google sign on side. Smile your on candid camera for you old timers.:D

·
Registered
638 Posts
Creepy crap, i live to far in the sticks not shown yet. If they drive up some of these hollow's they might not come back out. Nosey bastard's. :mad:

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I knew sat images could see everything but I had no idea Google was running around filming the entire country. :gaah:

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
I knew sat images could see everything but I had no idea Google was running around filming the entire country. :gaah:
Joe, if you use Google earth and zoom in enough you will see small camera icons, click on one and you can get right in front of someones home and have a 360 degree view.
I think I'm looking into your home right now, :eek:oops:didn't want to see that.:tmi::D

·
Woodchuck
3,347 Posts
They’ve gone by the paved road, outside my trailer park but have not gone around inside it… yet. Can’t see my hovel from the road due to the tall evergreen tree fence out front and the curved drive. About all they can see looking up the dirt drive is part of the herb garden (in season that is), a “no trespassing” sign and a “Warning: dog will bite” sign on the fence. Google earth, on the other hand, has overhead shots of my place that are about 4 years old. I can tell by the amount of garden space appearing, I add some each year.

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Joe, if you use Google earth and zoom in enough you will see small camera icons, click on one and you can get right in front of someones home and have a 360 degree view.
I think I'm looking into your home right now, :eek:oops:didn't want to see that.:tmi::D
I fired up G-earth and zoomed in but there isn't a camera icon except on the toolbar at the top and I couldn't get it to do much of anything.

You were about an hour late peeking in the windows. ;) We were out the door at 8:30 this morning. We had to take my truck to have a noisy universal joint replaced. Plowing 2' of snow puts a lot of stress on things. One of these days I need to put up some type of shelter to work on vehicles in bad weather. :gaah:

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Bob, I don't have time, but could you zoom into my house and let me know if my Lab pup is scooting his butt down the hall. I will call him and tell him to cut it out. He also has a bad habbit of eating furniture, belts and shoes. The girls have also learned not to leave their underwear on the floor.:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts