Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The hardest part about being a "preppy", I think, has been finding like-minded folks who are not rabid about it - hoping to find some contacts here for discussion of all things related to self-sufficiency!

In a precarious place in life, but had the great fortune to live as close to self-sufficiency as possible through the 90s. We lived in community, and I became a Carla Emory junkie, had to try it all and pretty much did! But life happened, and the platform that we were working from had major cracks in the foundation - long story I'd be happy to tell anyone interested - and she took a tumble. But I can say I know what it takes and what it feels like to live in true community - and at least one or two things that will bring it to ruins - and one or two critical things that will keep it thriving!

I live in a small town, now - and have started over with the right man, and we are re-building our lives toward self-sufficiency once again. Looks like a long road ahead, and a rather bumpy one at that - but the need to separate from a system that insists that you nurse on it's ever-waning tit is driving me to distraction. Sick of paying for things that I can take care of myself, you know?

I am a mother of 9 kids, (half of them grown, one who is disabled), a writer, a business owner, and all around lover of life. Would very much like to discuss "stuff" here! I could go on and on...the writer in me...but just let me swap howdies with y'all, and say I'm glad to have found this site!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Welcome to the forum :wave:

·
Comic Relief Member
980 Posts
:welcome:. I think you'll like it here. We don't mind a little :soapbox2: every now and then, so welcome aboard. :2thumb:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts