Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.

I live in Eastern NC and am new to all this 'preparedness' stuff, but interested in learning more. I am a volunteer firefighter, so I've been exposed to survival needs on a few basic levels. I am a fan of Bear & Les and after having read several books, am now focusing on protecting my family from uncertainly as well as leaving less of a footprint on the Earth during my stay here. Special thanks to Cody Lundin for teaching me so much through his books and for showing me just how wastefully I have been living.

Take care and have a Happy New Year to everyone.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Hi!

:welcome:

Hello and welcome, I'm pretty new here myself. Lots of good stuff in the older posts. Any questions, ask (someone will have an answer). Any advice, feel free to give.

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
Hello & Welcome. :wave:

From one firefighter to another... :D

·
I am a little teapot
2,696 Posts
Welcome, Madman. Glad to have you.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, Longtime. Yes, you're right about Bear & Les, but given all the other choices to watch, they're still pretty fun. I don't quite know all the different backpacking terms, but I would like to hit the woods with as little as possible someday just to test myself. For now, I've only been 'braving' my back yard in practicing fire making and water collection.

Thanks again for welcoming me. I do look forward to spending more time in these pages.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts