Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
www.veggear.blogspot.com
720 Posts
You can find hand juicers out there, or just sprout the wheat for 2 or 3 days and eat it. Sprouting releases all kinds of good stuff and doubles the bulk of the wheat. Eat them raw, in a salad, steamed or throw it in with some rice. If they longer than 3 or 4 days you can still eat it , but the taste is not so good. Sprouting is a good source of fresh green and can be done indoors year round. I picked up a couple pounds of seed to experiment. Now I plan to add several pounds to my stores. There's plenty of info online and some good vids on you tube about sprouting and wheat grass juice.

·
www.veggear.blogspot.com
720 Posts
Sorry, yeah that's what I meant. I do a little wheat, but mostly a "salad mix". Off the top of my head it's alfalfa, radish, broccoli maybe clover. I also have sunflower, mung and peas. I use sprout people and I had the lady on the phone forever asking a hundred newbie questions. They are mom&pop and she was very helpful. You can get started with just a couple canning jars before you invest in the kits and gadgets. It also wakes up the vitamins in nuts too.

It may seam expensive to spend $5-$8 for a pound of seeds, but about one tablespoon of seed will fill a 1qt canning jar in a few days. It usually gives me two fresh salads from 1 jar.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.