1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
RockyMountainCanadian
4,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Interesting, a craft I have been interested in learning, just no time.

·
Prepping
158 Posts
Just checked out the site because I have a close friend that wants to become a blacksmith(old world kind). There was also a great article on small scale blacksmithing two issues ago in Backwoodsman Magazine.

·
RockyMountainCanadian
4,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just checked out the site because I have a close friend that wants to become a blacksmith(old world kind). There was also a great article on small scale blacksmithing two issues ago in Backwoodsman Magazine.
there is a really good book by Charles McRaven (I can't recall the title),that explains the art very well and has a good heat treating /tempering guide
:2thumb:

·
Scavenger deluxe
6,686 Posts
I love that magazine!its the best "no Rambo"survival zine out there!:2thumb:

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
The Log Cabin Store in Lodi, Oh. has a whole shelf devoted to old world blacksmithing, lots of good books. They have an online catalog also. I love Back Woodsman Magazine, I read every issue cover to cover. It is loaded with good ideas for scouting events!

·
Scavenger deluxe
6,686 Posts
One day I have to post some pics of the junk I made for my shop.great article!

·
Registered
16 Posts
what kind of stuff do you make? I make a little bit of everything myself. My dad and my grandfather were & my dad still does blacksmith, so having grown up around it, I think at one time or another I've either tried or have made it. I'm glad to see other people are relearning this skill, I think it will be a very valueable thing to know how to do.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts