Nice old rig!

Discussion in 'Vehicle & Transportation' started by HozayBuck, Sep 11, 2010.

1. HozayBuck

HozayBuck Well-Known Member

Today I spotted a 1975 Toyota Land Cruiser on a lot, original paint etc...no rust...they are asking 4900.. more then I'd pay but those are some nice old rigs..
    The pickup version didn't get imported for long...too bad!

2. The_Blob

The_Blob performing monkey

3. lotsoflead

lotsoflead Well-Known Member

that's a bargin,, for one thing,you don't need a tech in a white coat with a computer charging 80 bucks an hour to tell you is what wrong with it when it don't run and 6 more techs to pair it, anyone with a little mechanical knowledge can fix a 73 and back then, parts could be rebuilt for a few dollars, today everything on a trk cost a few hundred dollars, even a simple tune up is 500.
    buy another old for a parts trk.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2010
  4. HozayBuck

Damn, I may have to go look at this one , it's org paint and no rust that I can see, and if I remember right Toyota used the Chevy 6 cyl eng or a copy of it... this could be something worth checking out... will do it today

more later

5. HozayBuck

Well I looked

At 4900 it's a bad deal the back floor board was rusted thru inside looked like the "Bates Motel" and smelled like it, showed 59 K miles so it's turned over once for sure...

If you got it for maybe 2 K max and spent 3 K to really bring it back you'd have something.. but for 5 K you can buy something that's better...to bad, I always did like them ol rigs

6. unclebob

unclebob Well-Known Member

I had a 75 they are real top heavy if you keep the hardtop on them

7. Tirediron

Tirediron RockyMountainCanadian

Your right on the chevy thing , but it was obsolete when they bought the molds, it has no parts in common with chevy 6 cylinders built since '63. the differentials were also chev knock offs, also obsolete, not used since '63
    :beercheer:

8. HozayBuck

Glad I didn't buy it!!! lol.. and I would have if it wasn't in such bad shape... and yes they are really top heavy..