NEWS FLASH--police raid raw foods co-op

Discussion in 'International Current News & Events' started by Frugal_Farmers, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Frugal_Farmers

Frugal_Farmers Good ole country folk

This news is just coming in from some other discussion forums I belong to. This is the second raid in the last year to this private co-op. Wish I was local so I could join their efforts. Saty tuned to the news tonight to see how the media spins this one.

TODAY in Venice California police and swat teams came into a private raw food club, RAWESOME FOODS, seizing member’s food and arresting a member JAMES STUART. This is the second assault on our food club and another blow to our freedom to choose the foods we wish to put into our bodies. TODAY @ 10AM @ 665 Rose Ave, we will gather in the streets for a peaceful demonstration and protest to this outrage. Please in support send you prayers, pass the word along, and if possible attend. When we gather in numbers and our voices are heard, we become stronger 10 fold and over. The LA TIMES will be there, don’t miss this moment in history.

I'm getting unconfirmed reports that they also raided James Stuart's home in this Gestapo Action as well.

2. Frugal_Farmers

Another unconfirmed report.

Sharon Palmer and Victoria Bloch were arrested for mislabeling cheese. 6,000 bail. They are being held at the District Attorney's Office in LA.

Several amateur videographers are enroute to the demonstration and will be posting real video of the protest on youtube.

I'll have to agree with Meerkat 100 percent that folks need to take to the streets for peaceful demonstrations. If I was there, I would certainly be on the streets with my pitchfork.

3. Frugal_Farmers

4. Meerkat

Meerkat Seeking The Truth

There is truth out there but we have to try to solve the puzzle.A little here and a little there.

A german camp surviver wrote this famous phrase....

First they came for the jews and I did'nt speak out because I was'nt a jew.
    Then they came for the communist and I did'nt speak out because I was'nt a communist.
    Then they came for the trade unionist and I did'nt speak out because I was'nt a trade unionist.
    Then they came for me and there was'nt anyone left to spreak out for me.
    Rev.Martin Niemoller,1937.

We are commiting suicide by our complacent snug attitudes.We need to get out and peacefully protest before we are no longer able to do so.
    The people at Ruby Ridge and Waco thought they were safe too,they lived away from society and prepared and stored food,water.It did'nt stop the governemt from murdering every one of them.
    Yet we have militant muslim camps all over the nation and S.American drug mafias controlling our national forest and borders.Our gov knows where they are but they are being used to destroy this nation,imo as all of this is my opinion based on my study.

5. Meerkat

I heard on radio last night that china and russia are preparing to nuke the hell out of us,true or not I don't know.
    The host said they are in cohoots with our gov to destroy America.Only a few elites 'about 500 worldwide'are setting up world leaders for their world rule over us all.They have got very rich and powerful off our war machine and used our own to bring in their dictatorship,along with europe and a few other nations like Saudio Arabia who persecutes their own yet we turn our heads to them while we go after weak nations and installl radical mad islamic rulers,like Muslim Brotherhood.
    What in the hell are we doing ,invading and killing and tearing up all these poor nations?They are no threat to us but russia and china are who work for this evil group of people.All my opinion of course.
    i was out of this because it seemed hopless and ended up being another ploticle lobby for palin,bachmann west and cain, but I will go back to tea party meeting and try to speak out .Nothing against these people but we need to be very careful who we turn this sick nation over to.

6. Turtle

Turtle Well-Known Member

Wow. The guy who wrote that article is a complete moron. There are so many stupid statements and inaccuracies, I hardly know where to begin.

First, this was not an "illegal raid"; given the agencies involved, it is safe to say that his products had made people sick. I bet THAT little tidbit never gets reported. The government has a duty to protect it's people, and that is what they were doing.

Second, the article states that the guy was never read his rights; he doesn't need to be, until he is formally charged with criminal charges. This is often done once they get the perp back to the station, so that it can be recorded to provide proof during his trial. Of course he would be placed in handcuffs; he is being transported and the officer's safety is paramount. The guy may just be a dirty hippie selling dangerous products, or he may be using the business as a front to sell drugs or other illegal merchandise. As such, he could be dangerous, and it is standard procedure to restrain a suspect during transportation. The use of an unmarked vehicle is irrelevant.

As for getting the customers out of the store.... what would he have them do? Stay unattended while the owner is detained? The people would have robbed him blind and then it would have been on the police "failing to control the situation" or some such nonsense. Additionally, I am sure they are investigating his financial records, so they would need to know his financial standings, including how much cash he has on hand. Also, there is nothing wrong with asking where he got the money for bail; this would also fall under an investigation.

Dumping the milk down the drain and destroying the cheese? What else are you going to do with materiels which are unsafe for human consumption?

I hate it when these morons try to sensationalize legal activities without knowing word one of what they are talking about.

7. Turtle

Turtle Well-Known Member

I don't know what radio station you are listening to, but I would suggest that you stop. World rule? *gasp!* It must be those Freemasons again, trying to create a New World Order!:nuts:

I'll be the first to say that Russia and China are not our friends... but lets be serious.

8. Meerkat

Prescription drugs kill more people than any chunk of cheese or glass of milk.Ever read the side effects of some of this poison they push?
    If he were Monsanto,Cargill,or any large pharmaciticle who indirectly kill people and destroy our crops they never would touch him.
    How about asking the 'protectors 'what in the hell are they spraying on us from chem trails. How about agent orange?
    What about that PTSD drug they give our sick troops so they could send back for another round that causes suicidal tendencies and now proven it did'nt work except to make them sicker?
    What about all that sulfur our troops and others breahe in iraq afgan,that gave them incurable lung deaseas?
    We no longer have a gov on our side much less protecting us.All my opinions for whatver it s worth.

9. Meerkat

LOL,you sound like one of those germans right before they threw him into the ovens.
    I may be off with my info ,but so are you.:dunno:
    Free masons,Bilderburgs,Vaticn,Luceferians,Big Owl Club'Bohemiun Grove',all under suspicion .Did I leave anyour?:confused:

10. Turtle

Turtle Well-Known Member

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA:D

I can assure you that my info is more reliable than yours. I could tell you how and why, but I'd have to kill you.;)

And my German isn't that great. But my Russian is pretty solid.

11. horseman09

horseman09 Well-Known Member

Turtle, I have no idea what happened at the raw food store, and I agree with you that we don't need to hunker in our bomb shelters 'cause of the ChiComs or Ruskies any time soon.

But to deny a massive, concerted effort on the part of the UN et. al. to form a global government is akin to denying the rain or the sun or the moon. It is there for all the world to see. All you have to do is open your eyes.

12. Meerkat

Well if you kill me it will have to be a shot from the back,because I will be running,I know when I'm out numbered and to whom i deal with.
    RUSSIAN! Oh no ,just remember not to go out to dinner with any of your conrades,plutonium sandwiches can be bad for your health.:eek:
    Did you hear about the gun racket yall'gov' had with the drug pushers on our borders? I bet the UN is really pissed off about them burning down a whole national forest building smoke signals,LOL:eek: We won't need it anyway,since russian and china are getting itchy fingers with the nukes.

13. Meerkat

I was listening to an old song by Patti Page'With Eyes Wide Open I'm Dreaming'the other day.
    I like to dance to 'Twilight Zone'or did before the knee went out.
    Very good money working for feds,I know one that gets $75,000 retirement package,and they were just a clerk.

14. Asatrur

Asatrur Well-Known Member

We will have to disagree Turtle. I have been drinking raw milk for over 5 years with no issues at all. Our farm in MN was raided 3 times for no reason at all. No one ever got sick from their milk, etc. They even came to my house asking to have samples of my milk, etc. and of course I told them hel no buddy.

Finally after 3 years of fighting it, it came out that a local dairy farmer who stopped selling raw milk because of an unnamed organic milk distributor's threats to stop buying their milk if they sold raw milk called in a complaint because he lost a ton of business to our dairy when they told this conglomerate to f&*( off.

Also my SIL lives in Venice beach and is a member of the store raided and she says neither time they were raided were there reports of folks getting sick. This is big brother getting out of hand and being directed by big ag to fight local food choices.

15. TheAnt

TheAnt Aesops Ant (not Aunt)

I agree with you Horseman, but when 'the NWO' is the pat answer for everything we see happening it becomes a bit much. At the same time, is it any wonder that evil conspires with evil? Of course they seem linked because they ultimately have the same or similar ends in mind. Are they actually conspiring together? I dont know but we begin to sound a bit cooky when the first thing out of our mouth is 'NWO'. Perhaps we should be pointing out how liberal idealogy constricts and eventually kills personal freedom instead.

Liberal minded folks think that they know better than everyone else and so enforce their rules and regulations on everyone else without regard to personal freedom. In the beginning this may be somewhat innocent on their part but eventually it becomes a quest for power. The more power the liberals have the less individual freedom the average person enjoys and the greater the 'gap' (wealth, power, influence, liberty) between us and them.

Its the liberal organizations that we should be wary of... it is definitely liberal ideaology that makes this sort of raid possible -- the idea that its the governments (esp. federal) responsibility to protect everyone from everyone else because they cant protect themselves or make choices for themselves. I know if they (the liberals) had their way they would have full regulatory power over every aspect of our lives including these folks that want to grow food the way they want it (healthy in their minds if not in actuality).

We need to promote conservative ideals and individual responsibility and freedom to combat the idiocy coming from the left -- who would ultimately love to see a 'NWO'.

16. Turtle

Turtle Well-Known Member

It's possible that it wasn't a food safety issue, i don't know. This sort of thing is a bit further under the radar than what I usually deal with. I'm guessing here.

I honestly don't think that the government has any interest in dictating what sort of milk we can drink. It may simply be a matter of tax evasion, or failure to register proper equipment, or a similar business practice related issue. However, with the presence of the CDC, I would guess that someone has fallen ill, or a supplier has tested positive for something harmful.

Folks may disagree with the manner in which it is conducted, but things like this generally happen for a public health concern.

17. Turtle

Turtle Well-Known Member

I agree with you in large part. It's like the old refrain of:

If a conservative doesn't like guns, he doesn't buy one. If a liberal doesn't like guns, he wants them outlawed. etcetera, etcetera, etcetera....

18. Asatrur

Asatrur Well-Known Member

Remember the contaminated veggies, meat, etc.? I do not remember reading about swat teams raiding those facilities, do you? The Govt. does not care, the people holding their purse string do meaning big ag, monsanto, etc.

19. TheAnt

TheAnt Aesops Ant (not Aunt)

It would be nice if we could trust our government but I think they have proven themselves untrustworthy. They say its for our own good but there is always a money trail that leads to someones pocket. The whole idea that the federal government has a responsibility to protect the citizens from anything domestic (especially a glass of milk) is insane and unconstitutional. If this were simply the state governement doing this then I would say let the people of the state sort it out but alas.

To me, the biggest public health concern here is how often the federal governments dirty scummy hands get into our food.

20. Frugal_Farmers

Turtle, Take off your federal hat for a moment my friend. Ask yourself why they would need to "raid" this private co-op with the force they went in there with. Private co-ops like this exist to give people the "choice" of consuming products that are not tainted by GMO products.

Granted, I do not know all of the facts in the case, but this is the third time they raided this same establishment.

I just got word from a friend who shot footage at the scene. She said the LEOs even disabled the facility's CCTV system because during their last raid, video was released to the press. Why would any LEO agency disable a CCTV system during a "raid"?

This is very real stuff my friend. I know you have a profession to defend, but take a moment to step back and see what unfolds here.

I have seen beauacrats hide behind "public safety" to defend their actions for too long now. Keep an opened mind.

Frankly, this kind of police action scares the sh!t out of me. Is this the way warrants are being served these days?

I would also like to add that more and more of this type of police action is taking place all over this country and sooner or later, the public will revolt.