Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· I'm done - gone
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was recently diagnosed as pre-diabetic, but to me thats like saying someone is a little pregnant:rolleyes:
Right now I'm in the test test test phase. I'm watching portion size and checking carbs and then testing to see what, in my normal way of eating sets off my numbers.
Now this is something else I have to prep for. I'm on a medication for this so now I need to start the process of stockpiling it like I did for some of my other meds.
I also need to get extra batteries and strips for the tester and pack them away ( rotate of course).

I tell ya, sometimes I just wanna :surrender:

But, I'm too much a "female dog" to do that.:D I'm going out kicking and screaming.;)

So, now I'm thinking, that all the pasta that we like, that I've stocked, may no t be want I need to stock.
But then I'm thinking, but if shtf, I'll definitely be doing more physical work so I'll be burning the sugars off, so maybe I can still keep the pastas.

Being new to this I'm still confused about things.

I'm wondering who else on here is doing battle with diabetes and how exactly they're prepping knowing this.
I'll take any hints and suggestions.

when I think of the 100's of pounds of sugar I have......:eek:

· I'm done - gone
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hate avocado. ick. I use coconut oil. No taste and much better fats in it.I can put it in everything I make.
I rarely use premade foods.
That is what I wondering about what you all have in your LTS preps. I have Mountain House meat,TVP and veggies and fruits. Some powdered butter,sour cream,cheeses,and peanut butter. I have canned meats,rice ( white because brown goes rancid ya know),pastas. Teas, coffees, powdered creamer and powdered milk.
I have buckets of wheat,lentils and oat groats and corn.
I have 100's of pounds of sugar. So now I'm thinking I have to also start stocking a sugar substitute. Although I read that Splenda has real sugar in it, so some folks who are very sugar sensitive can't even use that. I'm thinking stevia as a prep.
I dunno. I guess I'll just have to take this one step at a time like I did when I started the whole thing years back.

· I'm done - gone
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good coconut oil is very good for your! I just didn't mention it as I have had major flak from folks before about coconut oil being so horrible that I should have mentioned it!
I love the flavor and the texture it gives good fried stuff! yummy.
I started using coconut oil for my thyroid. Then I noticed on the container that it has no carbs,sugar,or salt! LOL
The brand I use doesn't have any taste. I get the Lou Anna brand at Walmart.

· I'm done - gone
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
LOL I "get" the rattle part LOL
Hubby says it looks like I've done lost some weight. I haven't weighed myself for almost 3 weeks now. I meant to do it this morning, but I forgot. Hopefully I'll remember tomorrow.
Did notice that my army camo pants are way too big on me. I had to cinch them up all the way and they were still a bit loose.
Trying to find some low carb snacks. I know celery is one. And 2oz of peanuts is another.Cucumber slices also.
Anybody know of a lower carb yogurt? I haven't gone to the grocery store yet. Thats next week,and I was wondering if there is such a thing.Love my yogurt as a mid morning snack.Put it in the freezer for about 15 mins and it's like ice cream. yum.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.