Discussion in 'Introductions' started by frfghtrbret, Aug 26, 2010.

1. frfghtrbret

frfghtrbret New Member

Im new here and just getting started, so Im like a sponge ready to soak up any information I can get. So, initially, what do I need to do to get started being prepared for when the SHTF? My mind is already reeling, and thinking about things I can do, with what I have. Which isnt much. Im an avid hunter. I can make fire. I can purify water. Ill take any and all info and suggestions I can get. Thank you!

2. Diego2112

Diego2112 Well-Known Member

:welcome: There's lots of info on here, just start browsing!

Me personally, I'd start getting a bug-out bag (B.O.B) ready, and there's an ENTIRE topic on that subject!

As I'm sure others on here will pop on and say soon, if you dont know, ASK! If you do know, SHARE! Or something to that tune!

So, welcome, and enjoy!

3. mdprepper

mdprepper I sold my soul to The_Blob. He had candy...

:welcome: to the forums!

4. bunkerbob

bunkerbob Supporting Member

WELCOME, :welcome:frfghtrbret from a long time preparer. Look forward to your replies and posts.

5. HarleyRider

HarleyRider Comic Relief Member

WELCOME TO THE FORUM. :welcome:

You want to know how to get started? You just did, when you found this forum. :D Take a look at the topics and the various threads and you'll find out what to do really quick.

6. NaeKid

NaeKid YourAdministrator, eh?

If I could make a recommendation, I would start reading the "scenerio-stories" in our Fiction/Non-Fiction section and see what the characters in the stories dealt with and how they dealt with the set-backs (or series of set-backs).

You can find the stories posted by Jerry, Gypsy and Hozay - and - there might be a few more stories posted by other members in the next while as well .. :wave:

7. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

:welcome: Share what you know. Ask what you don't. :wave:

As Naekid said, read some of the fiction stories. They are very good reading and contain a wealth of information. If you find things you don't understand, someone here can probably help you out. Just ask. :)

8. rflood

rflood Well-Known Member

Greetings frfghtrbret. Newbie here as well from the Piedmont of NC. Lots to read and listen to. Lots to do.

9. sailaway

sailaway Well-Known Member

Welcome Aboard!:wave: Read and Read and Read! There's alot here. Sounds like you can survive, now just work at doing it with a little more comfort.

10. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

Welcome to the forum, frfghtrbret! Glad to have you with us! It sounds like you have some great skills and knowledge already!

11. Jason

Jason I am a little teapot

Welcome, frfghrbret!

12. The_Blob

The_Blob performing monkey

:welcome: to the forum