Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in Central California. Very concerned about country's fiscal viability. I have been learning and preparing for about 5 months.

I joined to ask questions from others and network.

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
Hello & Welcome! :wave:

I joined to ask questions from others and network - So what is on your mind??????????? ask away!:D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Solar Oven

I eventually want to get my house to be off the grid or at least be able to survive with electricity.

My immediate project is to make a solar oven. I have the plans for it but trying to find out if I should use a fresnel lens, glass or just heavy plastic. A fresnel lens looks like it heats excessively and may burn food and even the wood I would use to make the oven.

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
:welcome: Lots of folks around here to help you along. :wave:

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
I eventually want to get my house to be off the grid or at least be able to survive with electricity.

My immediate project is to make a solar oven. I have the plans for it but trying to find out if I should use a fresnel lens, glass or just heavy plastic. A fresnel lens looks like it heats excessively and may burn food and even the wood I would use to make the oven.
Here are some links to ready made solar ovens, you could get some ideas from those... American Educational Products SR-GS4702 Sunspot Solar Oven
By gosh there is even a solar oven society... Solar Oven Society

This is one of the best I've seen... Sun Ovens Solar Cooking - Sun Oven, Solar Cooking | SunOven.com

My simple site may answer some of your off-grid questions.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hello and Welcome

glad to have you, there is a wealth of info on this site, check out some of the old posts too

1 - 7 of 7 Posts