newbie from MA

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by ttony, Oct 22, 2010.

1. ttony

ttony Member

Hi all,

Ive lurked on the forum for a couple weeks - reading things here and there. I think its great, and joined up today. Right now I live in the city, but plan to get out as soon as I can, unfortunately this might not be for a couple years (Im upside down on my house due to all the foreclosures in the area).

I have no usable land for a garden or anything, so most of my survival preparedness has been centered on being set a BOV and getting gear together. I hope to have some land soon enough... and want to be prepared with gardening knowledge, etc. beforehand!

2. bunkerbob

bunkerbob Supporting Member

WELCOME, :welcome:ttony from a long time preparer. Look forward to your replies and posts.

3. ttony

ttony Member

4. bunkerbob

bunkerbob Supporting Member

Have you ever tried container gardening, you must have enough room for that, even apt dwellers can do this on a outside patio or just inside of a large glass door or window.
    I have a buddy who has a small space and grows one of a dozen different veggies and even has enough to can.

5. ZoomZoom

ZoomZoom Rookie Prepper

Welcome to the forum!!

6. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

Welcome to the forum! Nice to have you with us!

7. ttony

ttony Member

thank BC and Gypsy! glad to be here.

Bunkerbob - I have not tried container gardening, sounds interesting - I'll look into it for sure... gardening is my weak point right now, definitely have a lot to learn!

8. HarleyRider

HarleyRider Comic Relief Member

:welcome: Welcome to the forum. You'll be surprised how much you will learn here. :D

9. mdprepper

mdprepper I sold my soul to The_Blob. He had candy...

:welcome: to the forums!

10. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

:welcome: Share what you know. Ask what you don't. :wave:

11. Herbalpagan

Herbalpagan Well-Known Member

welcome from western Mass. what part of the state are you in?

12. ttony

ttony Member

Hey there - good to meet someone else from MA - Im from Southeastern, MA. Do you know of any good groups/resources in MA/RI?