Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I am new to the emergency preparedness thing. I have been thinking more and more about it as the natural disasters have been increasing and technology seems to never be able to fail safely.

I have been researching products and learning a lot about my emergency plan etc...

Can't wait to learn more and hear feedback!

·
RockyMountainCanadian
4,288 Posts
Welcome aboard, preparedness is a process,and always evolving, I especially like your remark about technology being unable to fail safely :congrat:

·
Registered
333 Posts
Welcome to the forum :wave:

·
Aesops Ant (not Aunt)
1,499 Posts
Welcome! Jump on in, the water is fine!

·
Good ole country folk
421 Posts
Welcome

Seeing how you are in SLC, you have many great resources available to you. The LDS folks have become experts at prepping and long-term storage. Even if you are not a chruch member, you can take advantage of their canning operations. They have a pretty big one in Sandy. Be sure to check out Smith and Edwards in Ogden for some great prepping supplies. They also have an abundance of military surplus supplies.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have been looking into many of the long term food storage companies there are locally and there are a ton! I do have another issue and that is that I can't consume gluten. The best company I have found so far is Augason Farms. Anyone have experience with them?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Hi SaraL,
Welcome, I'm kinda new around here too. I've ordered from Augason a few times. Have never had to contact their customer service department, that's a good thing. My orders are delivered on time and I"ve had no problem at all. Everything I've ordered has been for long term storage so I've not tried much of it. I got their eggs and they are great for baking. I tried scrambling them, certainly not fresh eggs but they'd be ok in a pinch. Salsa helped so did biscuits and gravy.
Take care,
Moose

1 - 13 of 13 Posts