new to this

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by ronda, Jul 21, 2009.

1. ronda

ronda Guest

Hello I'm form Mo and new to this survival thing but have alway been interested in it and do a little perparing for disasters in our home, I'd say I'm a just in case kinda person

2. LittleFire

LittleFire Well-Known Member

Hello Ronda and welcome to the board! You will find lots of information here in this site for preparing, even for "just in case" scenario. It is better to be prepared than not in my humble opinion.

3. ronda

ronda Guest

So Littlefire,how are you prepared for the unexspected if I may ask? Do you have a plan of action in your household or are you a community type person? I myself and husband are very family oriented type people,don't socialize alot.

4. Canadian

Canadian Well-Known Member

Welcome and enjoy the forum.

5. The_Blob

The_Blob performing monkey

welcome to the forum :congrat:

hope you learn something from us... & we from you :2thumb:

6. NaeKid

NaeKid YourAdministrator, eh?

You can only really prepare for the expected, not for the unexpected. With that said, there are lots of things that you prepare for normally without realizing that you are really doing it.

What this website is hoping to do is help direct you in your preparations for the things that would be expected.

For me, being in Canada, I prepare for long cold winters. That includes banking money, stocking up on food supplies, cold-weather supplies, propane, checking my house during the summer for any repairs that need to be completed prior to winter, etc.

For some of our members, their preparations are to battle hurricane or earthquake, floods or fires ..

Some are trying to be ready for when the lights go out (extended power outage) and others are going to a level where they are not dependent on an outside power-source (utility company).

I just hope there is something for everyone here, if not, I guess I will need to expand our scope a bit. :cool:

7. LittleFire

LittleFire Well-Known Member

Hi Ronda, well I am prepared for what is good for my family and dealing with the cold winter in Canada in case something happens. We will not freeze or run out of food as I keep a well stock pantry, and have other means to cook without using the stove. What got me started on this was when we had the famous 1998 Ice storm in Eastern Canada and part of the Northern States. I was without power for over 2 weeks and had to end up going to stay with family where they had power still.