Prepared Society Forum banner

41 - 60 of 98 Posts

·
Texan
5,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
My understanding(from what the Sheriff's Office said) is that once a purchase agreement has been made(not specifically written - verbal is sufficient), the occupants must vacate and that the Sheriff can enforce it without a court order.

The present occupants can be sued for damages but, as the saying goes, you cant get blood from a turnip. There is a legal process for recovery but it could be lengthy, expensive and not worth it in the long run.

If it were me, and it may wind up being me, I'd pursue it if only to have the judgement following them around until it was paid. It would be almost impossible for them to rent, buy or lease another place with that hanging over their heads.

·
There is a place in Hell for me...the THRONE.
8,927 Posts
Let me see if I have this straight...

The screwballs bought the house but it is owner financed.

Doesn't the owner need to foreclose on them for non payment?

·
Texan
5,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Let me see if I have this straight...

The screwballs bought the house but it is owner financed.

Doesn't the owner need to foreclose on them for non payment?
Apparently they were "renting" until they could come up with the money to have the title work and several other legal "things" done. Fortunately they weren't yet able to have that done.

Until last week or so I was under the impression that all that had been taken care of, never dug into it deeper, had no reason to.

BUT............ Not going to call them on the stories they told, for now I'm just glad they're on the way out.

·
Reverend Coot
3,848 Posts
Hopin it all works out Davarm. People like that are simply worthless. Sad thin bein, there raisin more the same.

·
Texan
5,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
So far it's going as planned but they're not out yet.

It just boggles my mind how someone can come into an area where people have lived for years without issue and cause turmoil and trouble then think that everyone is picking on them when those people finally reach their breaking point.

·
8,927 Posts
So far it's going as planned but they're not out yet.

It just boggles my mind how someone can come into an area where people have lived for years without issue and cause turmoil and trouble then think that everyone is picking on them when those people finally reach their breaking point.
Society today is teaching that regardless of your crimes no one has the right to judge you. You are a victim be it of some childhood trauma or of society itself. These people don't see themselves as the problem but the rest of the neighbors are because they have what this family wants and can't have.

·
I invented the internet. :rofl:
3,698 Posts
Most of the human failures in life are people who cannot or will not accept responsibility for their actions. Been that way from the beginning and will be that way to the very end.

·
Texan
5,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Had a nice little surprise today, was out in the garden and I heard a squaking coming from the chicken coop, thought another dog may have gotten in but not the case.

I looked over and saw my one remaining hen running around, strange since the coop was closed and locked. It was my one missing hen that I never found a carcass of, thought the dog had dragged her off and likely eaten or buried it.

Dont know how she survived and stayed out of sight all this time, she may have had plenty to eat but I have no idea where she got water from.

I'm now back up to 2 hens, four less than I had several weeks ago though.

Have been seeing the "Aarons Rents" truck coming by picking up "stuff" from the neighbors house the past several days.

·
8,927 Posts
Here is a thought...

Maybe the neighbors took the hen. And with them moving they "returned" her.

·
Texan
5,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
If they did wind up with the hen, doubt if she would have survived one night, besides, I'll bet they'd have called animal control and tried to get me a $500.00 fine. lol

Here is a thought...

Maybe the neighbors took the hen. And with them moving they "returned" her.
Word travels fast in a small town, my middle daughter has a friend who's husband is the Collections Manager for the "Aarons" that picked up the "stuff" from the neighbors.

Got a big "Thank You" from him, he's been trying to get money out of them since they moved in there!

Caught another one of their dogs on the property last night, since they're on their way out I'm debating on whether to call animal control on them again Monday morning ... Decisions, Decisons, Decisions..........

·
8,927 Posts
Nickle and dime them at every turn while you can. It will be the final f*** you for all the damage they did to your property.

·
Scavenger deluxe
6,674 Posts
Leave them a tank of gas where they can "find" it, make sure it's 90% race car fuel and laugh wickedly at the thought of them stranded 20 miles from nowhere
because their motor locked up.

·
Texan
5,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Came up with something about as good several years ago, funny thing, after that the gas theft stopped.

Just fill a 5 gallon can with 4 gallons of water and a half gallon or so of gas, gas floats on top, looks and smells like gas but a nice little surprise follows!

Leave them a tank of gas where they can "find" it, make sure it's 90% race car fuel and laugh wickedly at the thought of them stranded 20 miles from nowhere
because their motor locked up.
Got the 10yo boy on the property again this evening, shortly after that got one of their dogs making his round of the back yard pi$$ing on my peppers, tomatoes and collards.

Didn't get around to calling Animal Control today but tomorrow the Sheriff's Deputy and Animal Control will pay em a visit if I can get the time, otherwise it will have to be Wednesday.

If they deny everything, have a 16 gig jump drive about half full to back it all up.

·
Scavenger deluxe
6,674 Posts
Dog+1 Lb hamburger+2 finely ground light-bulbs=dead mutt AT HOME.

·
Reverend Coot
3,848 Posts
Years go, neighbors dog (big german shepherd) would tear up our garbage no matter when I'd put it out. Asked several times fer em ta keep the dog at home. Never worked. After about the 8th time a cleanin it up, I fixed him a surprise. I didn't wanna kill the pooch, just teach him a lessin.

At the time I was inta model rocketry pretty big, so I took a half pound a hamburger, a fair amount a black powder an wrapped it up real well in aluminum foil an stuffed it inta a big ol bean can. Inserted onea my rocket engine igniters in it then buried it in the bottom a our metal trash can an ran the wire ta the house. I sat fer a bit watchin an here he came. Garbage was a flyin everwhere with him tryin ta get ta that burger! Well I figured about the time he hit the can an pushed the button. I might just a maybe used a bit more black powder then I really needed an the bean can sorta made a stronger container then I really needed.

Was one helluva bang an smoke, garbage an dog goin in all directions! Last I seen a that dog he was haulin it fer home in a ball a smoke!

A few weeks later another neighbor was out tryin ta put up some wrought iron railin. He was usin a regular old drill in concrete an it were to painfull ta watch. Got my powder actuated fastener kit an wen't over ta help. Got the load in the gun, stuck the proper fastner in the end and BANG! Sent er home. That dog were outside 2 doors down, gave out a yelp an took off runnin like hell! I said ta the neighbor, dog must be gun shy. I figure any loud noise was gonna make him shit himself from then on!

He ain't never got back in my garbage though!:D

·
Texan
5,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
I've been picken up tannerite at the local Gibsons(Ace Hardware) off and on for the last 6 months, bet that would do bout as well as black powder and maybe a little better.

I posted a vid of hog hunting with the stuff a while back, bet dog would be about as spectacular. I may have a bit of trouble staying out of jail with that though. lol

41 - 60 of 98 Posts