New movie trailer

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by bunkerbob, Nov 11, 2009.

1. bunkerbob

bunkerbob Supporting Member

Has anyone seen the new trailer for 'The Road', looks post apocalyptic from the brief view on TV. Is this going to be the grandaddy of all years for these films. Look out 2012 here we come. P r e p a r e, p r e p a r e, P R E P A R E !!!.

2. NaeKid

NaeKid YourAdministrator, eh?

Yuppers - saw that trailer at the theater last time I was there. Trailer linked in for those who haven't seen it yet.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbLgszfXTAY]YouTube - The Road - Official Trailer [HD][/ame]

3. allen_idaho

allen_idaho Well-Known Member

"The Road" is a post-apocalyptic film based on the book by Cormac McCarthy (No Country for Old Men, All the Pretty Horses, Blood Meridian).

The book is actually pretty good, although has a somewhat odd writing style. It is all about the connection between a man and his son while trying to stay alive after the apocalypse in a world where nothing grows anymore. Throughout the book, there are several hints about what happened but he never really explains what apocalyptic event took place.

4. Radio_Gal

Radio_Gal Guest

Thanks for the heads-up! Sounds interesting. I like to check out all of the movies with the end-of-the-world type of themes. I see 2012 is opening this weekend in our local cinema.

5. bill

bill Mauserman

Saw 2012

Saw the movie. It was terrible. Special effects were good, but the basis of the movie B-A-D. They did destroy Washington D.C. and Hollywood which is a plus in any disaster movie. Kill the commies where they live. But, all that aside it has nothing to offer for a prepper except maybe have a lot of money. On a side note I felt like a hypocrite after seeing Danny Glover in the movie, after all he hates capitalism, freedom and supports Chavez. I don't think he works for free. I hate supporting people like that. Sean Penn, Jane Fona, Alex Baldwin, etc. Now I will get off my soap box and go hide in my basement. :)

6. sailaway

sailaway Well-Known Member

NaeKid, just watched the trailer, looks like a great film. I always think about the stuff that is left everywhere when a disaster strikes, there is just worthless meaningless stuff everywhere. Stuff that people thought was so important. It's just yours to pick up and disguard as you go down the road.

7. Von Helman

Von Helman A very simple man

I have heard it wasn’t all that good either, which will only make the opinions of preppers even less. I think I will wait for the movie to come to video or bootleg.

8. TechAdmin

TechAdmin Administrator Staff Member

I just saw the preview last night. It looks cool.