Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi. My name is Miri (short for Miriam) and I'm from northern Pennsylvania. I live in a small town with my kids, dogs, and cats and have a BF who works out of state and is with us on weekends. I am interested in preparedness (obviously), home economy, cooking, most home related things, and jewelry making. I also like to read and write (one not very successful romance published). I am a full-time homemaker and most days really love doing it. I have only recently become serious about preparedness. I have a blog on blogger the winter garden. It's a new blog so I only have a couple of posts but I would be interested in following others who are into preparedness. I'm really enjoying the forums here. Lots of interesting topics!

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
Hello & Welcome :wave:

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
:welcome:

West, Central, or Eastern Pa.? I grew up in Williamsport.

·
I am a little teapot
2,696 Posts
I'm just a bit south of Pittsburgh. Welcome from another Keystone state member.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you all for the warm welcome. I think this is a very interesting forum and it's nice to know it's a friendly one too. I know where Williamsport is UncleJoe. About 2 hrs west of me but probably a little lower. My grandmother had family there but they were distant relatives and I never did visit them. Jason my father grew up in Pittsburgh. So I have been there. It's a nice city. I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone better!

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
Then you are near DW's home. She grew up in Factoryville, Wyoming Co. just north of W/B /Scranton.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Hi!
I'm new here myself, and I'm enjoying reading the older posts. Welcome!

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Welcome aboard!:wave:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I just checked back and saw the additional replies. Thanks to everyone who made me feel so welcome! I am outside of Wilkes-Barre / Scranton, UncleJoe. I know Wyoming country also though I am in Luzerne. I have a friend who just moved to Noxen (Wyoming County) and it's lovely there. I am hoping to buy land out that way at some point. I like living in town and the house I'm in now but would really love to have a hunting cabin kind of set up in the country. It's not feasible right now financially but it's something I'd like to work towards. I don't know where Revono is Expeditioner but there are a lot of little towns around here and it's hard to know them all. Looking forward to getting to know you all better!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts