New in Ohio

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Kriket, Dec 9, 2009.

1. Kriket

Kriket Liq Plumber on ur tin hat

Hi! Bob is making me introduce myself :flower: I'm Kriket I'm 25, mother of one little bit married to my DH for 2 years now. I have been striving to be prepared my entire life. I was raised LDS, and have since left the church.

It is very difficult to find other survivalist/ emergency preparedness folk that aren't gun nuts or religions folk. Hopefully there are a few like minds here that I can get to know!

Looking forward to learning and helping where I can here!

2. westr01

westr01 Idahoan

Welcome!

Welcome to the club!

3. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

Hello & Welcome :wave:

4. Turtle

Turtle Well-Known Member

Welcome!

I lived up in NW Ohio for about three years. I miss some of the folks, but it was too far away from civilization for my tastes. Being 45 minutes away from the nearest barnes and Noble was tough for me.

Funny story about LDS . . . Years ago, I was a manager at a hotel, and while I was behind the bar grabbing a soda, one of our front desk girls walked up and asked me for something to drink with her lunch. I said, "Sure, you want a coke or something?" She replied, "Oh, I can't have caffiene, I'm LDS." Having been raised Catholic, I had never heard that particular term before and assumed it was a medical condition, so I said, "Oh, I'm sorry. Is that treatable?" lol She looked at me with a complete lack of humor and said, "LDS? Latter Day Saints?" I thought it was pretty funny. She wound up leaving the church, too. Actually, I've never met anyone who was raised in it who stayed with it.

5. Expeditioner

Expeditioner Well-Known Member

Welcome to the site. :wave:

6. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

:welcome:

There are a lot of us here that know there is more to preparedness than an armory stocked for a small nation.