Prepared Society Forum banner

New here

390 views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  tsrwivey 
#1 ·
Just found this site...love it. New to the plains of Colorado. Have a few acres and some chickens and rabbits. Eggs and meat good but I want to use the rabbit fur too. (the google search for more info on that is how I found this site! ;) ) We are interested in adding solar and wind power to gain more independence (that's the idea isnt it?) Gardening this year to can beans, tomatoes, beets, peas and freezing zuchinni. blueberry bushes seem to be lost, same with the rasberry bushes and grape vines. I'll try those again. Hope to add a sheep for wool.
Hope that gives an idea of what we're doin...tryin to get our younger kids involved too.
That's us...just trying to keep ScratchinItOut! ;)
karl

#3 ·
Welcome to the forum :wave: Don't give up on your raspberries or grapes just yet. I don't know about Colorado, but here the raspberries are the second to last to show signs of life and the grapes are the last. When I first started my grapes I almost dug them up the second year, thought they were dead. By the time I got time to start digging, the leaves were just starting to show. :dunno:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.