Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks, oldvet here. I joined a while ago and then (ashamed to say) basically forgot about this site. After receiving an e-mail today from this site, I decided to really check it out and I sure am glad I did.
A little about myself. I am a Texas boy (but not totally full of myself) and married to my beautiful bride for 40 years this December. We have a Son and Daughter and three grandchildren.
I am a Vietnam vet with 20 years in the military and 15 years in security and law enforcement. I have had quite a lot of training and experience in survival and am willing to share any information that I have on that subject or anything else that is of interest to the members if I honestly have knowledge about the subject. I will not BS anyone, so if I am asked a question and I don't think I know enough about it, I will tell you so.
Well that's me in a nut shell, so I will close by saying I really like what I have seen so far on this site and I hope to gain a lot of good information as I go along, and if I can help anyone, please just ask.

oldvet:wave:

·
Registered
333 Posts
Welcome to the forums :wave:

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you and Welcome, please share your knowledge with us.
Folks, thank you for the welcome. As far as sharing what knowledge I may have on a subject please just ask and if I think I can be of help, I certainly will answer to the best of my ability.

oldvet:)

·
The wanderer
4,350 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Glad to have you with us!

:)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Welcome, oldvet. Who were ya with in the Nam? Ex-Army here.
I was in Quang Tri Province with the 1st Brigade, 5th Infantry Division (Mech). we were on loan to the 3rd Marine Division, DMZ area.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks folks your welcome means a lot. To all of the Vietnam Vets out there: Welcome home Brothers and sisters, Welcome home.

To answer the where was I question. I was in one of the two original Red Horse Engineer Squadrons 554CES that went to Phan Rang RVN in 1966. The other Squadron 555CES went to Cam Rahn bay (sp).

Sixty of us were later assigned to the 101st. Airborne Brigade also out of Phan Rang. We deployed with them to Phu Cat and Tuy Hoa to build their fire bases there and we were assigned with them for almost eight months.
Oh yeah and a real fun time was had by all. :rolleyes:

DM

·
Registered
36 Posts
Welcome Home, my brother.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.