Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
I trust this message finds you in peace and all is well.

I am completely unprepared and inept in my ability to survive any foreseeable TEOTWAWKI experience, be it economic collapse, natural disaster, etc.

I don't stock pile food. I've no guns. I've very, very limited practical skills (such as carpentry, hunting/fishing, etc.).

I am what most would consider liberal libertarian in a sense I am anti-war, anti government handout, leave peoples beliefs alone (if you wanna worship snails I don't care. Just don't impose it on me)

Having said all this I know our basic society would begin to crumble with about a 2 weeks of power outages, and I want my family to be OK is SHTF.

I have served in USAF as a firefighter for 5 years, during Desert Storm. I remember the comfortable feeling of knowing my deployment bag had whatever I would need for 4 weeks. Grab and get deployed.

I want to be prepared.

Looking forward to learning from you.

T.

·
I sold my soul to The_Blob. He had candy...
1,799 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
Hello & Welcome!:wave:

You could start by getting ready for the next winter storm to hit the south ... Snow, ice :gaah: and freezing rain :eek:

Ice and freezing rain never a good mix in the south. Stay safe.

·
BucketHunter
112 Posts
Welcome aboard! You'll find this is a really friendly and helpful group. One thing that has helped me manage the stress of trying to play 'catch-up' and get really prepared is a daily planner. In it, I record my preps each day, plan out preps for the next payday, or season (in the case of gardening), progress toward inventory goals, lists of good ideas, to-do items, websites to remember, etc. You're about to learn a *lot* of stuff and it is a relief to not have to try to keep it all in your brain at once.

·
I am a little teapot
2,696 Posts
Cheerfulsamurai: you've already started and you don't even realize it.

You're here, aren't you?

·
ceritfied beer taster
35 Posts
another NC welcome

CS,

Well if u were in the military you have some training already if TSHTF, even just a lil bit. Glad to see ur here, I am new to the site as well, but Ive been on the survival end of the game for a while out here in Raleigh.
Look forward to hearing from you, and welcome brother.

·
Supporting Member
3,312 Posts
Welcome!

BizzyB has a great suggestion - keeping a record. You definitely aren't alone in feeling like you're playing 'catch-up.' Prepping is so multi-faceted and there's a lot of information out there - sometimes it makes my head hurt. But all any of us can do is take it one day at a time. If you do a little something each day (gather a supply, learn a new skill, organize), then you will be way ahead of the game in a very short while! :)

And just being here, you're already ahead of the sheeple. ;)

·
Registered
0 Posts
Thank you

Thank you for your reply. I do not have a chance to get on the computer a lot, so my posts will be limited. I want to thank you and the others
for the information. I will try to find more time to be available for all the
great information that gets passed along.
JO

·
Registered
0 Posts
Newbie trying to figure out how to say thanks

I am not good with blogs, threads etc.

Thank you for your information and welcomes. I do not always have the time to post, but I will be checking in and doing some research.
I am concerned that as you say..so many are in denial.

My goal is to have some preparations, given my limited space, and to connect to those who have not " lost their minds":rolleyes: ;).

I appreciate all the warm welcomes, thank you. As I figure out how to do
threads, hee hee, I will post more. Take care and God bless.

·
performing monkey
4,230 Posts
:welcome: to the forum, better late than never :congrat: for taking the first in a long line of steps in your journey

and join the club for feeling inadequate in prepping, I know I do :eek:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts